Positions held at the State & Central Government Departments
- Member, New Delhi Municipal Council
- Special Commissioner, Trade & Taxes Department
- Managing Director, Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation, Govt. of Delhi
- Additional Secretary to Chief Minister Delhi
- Director Education
- Director, Directorate of Information & Publicity, Govt. of Delhi
- Executive Director, Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd
- Deputy Director General, Doordarshan, Prasar Bharati Corporation of India Ltd.
- Additional Secretary, New Delhi Municipal Council
- Director Urban Services, Rural Development Govt. of Delhi
As an officer of the Indian Administrative Service, I have put in 32 years of service as a Civil Servant in various Departments of the Delhi Government & Central Government and 6 years with the Economic Research & Management Services Division of Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation of India and Industrial Development Services. Over a span of 38 years of service, I have had the opportunity to work and build my professional skills in various segments such as Foreign Trade, Urban Development, Rural Development, Municipal Administration, Social Welfare, Education, Training and Technical Education, Land acquisition/Revenue matters, Broadcasting, Trade & Taxes, Industrial Development, Financial Management/Project Management, Information & Publicity besides e-governance interventions such as Grievance Reddressal mechanism & Citizen Charter implementation.
Post retirement, I have been actively involved in Alternate Dispute Resolution. Since May, 2012 have been appointed Sole arbitrator in more than 32 matters, as in the areas of Building Construction, License fee/ Estate Matters, Material/Equipment Supply matters, Commercial Business and Information & Publicity. I have also been appointed as Member Arbitral Tribunal by ICA in a patent related matter. I am on the outside Expert Committee (OEC) of ONGC (Finance/Commercial). I am on the panel of Arbitrators with New Delhi Municipal Council, South Delhi Municipal Council, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, East Delhi Municipal Corporation, Delhi State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation, Delhi Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation and Transport Department Govt. of NCT Delhi, ONGC and SAROD, National Highway Authority of India. As Deputy Director General, Prasar Bharati, I have reviewed sections of Prasar Bharati Act, 1990 and was involved in over 700 court cases/ arbitration matters relating to broadcasting fee, channel broadcaster, programme telecast and uplinking facilities, etc.
I was appointed Sole Arbitrator in 23 matters by Horticulture Department of Delhi’s Local Body in connection to civil construction works, where value of works ranged from 10 Lacs to over 2 Crores. I have successfully arbitrated disputes where one of the parties often has been Government department, Corporation, Local body and/or Council.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP |
- Indian Council of Arbitration
- International Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution (ICADR), New Delhi
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Asia Pacific Users Council
- Member, Commercial and Finance, Outside Expert Committee (ONGC)
- National Highway Authority of India (SAROD)
- A (Hons.), Economics, Lady Shri Ram College
- A, Economics, Delhi School of Economics
- G Dip. International Trade, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- G Dip. Alternative Dispute Resolution, NALSAR University (Hyderabad) & ICADR