SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Civil Engineering graduate with over 35 years of experience in various sectors:
▪ 18 Years – Marine Works/Oil Gas
▪ 06 Years – Contract Management
▪ 11 Years – Project Management Consultancy
Proficient in planning, executing, training and spearheading construction projects involving Method engineering, Design Reviews, Development, contract Management, resource planning with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies in compliance to HSE and Quality standards. Deft in swiftly ramping up projects with competent cross-functional skills and ensuring on-time deliverables.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
PROJECT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
▪ Evaluation of project, present cost / benefit analysis at project decision points
▪ Finalisation of requirements and specifications in consultation with collaborators / promoters.
▪ Project scheduling including material & manpower planning.
▪ Anchoring on-site construction activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximise the output.
▪ Participating in project review meetings for evaluating project progress & debottlenecking.
▪ Implementation of QA / QC procedures as per ISO norms and standards.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
▪ Co-ordination among consultants, contractors and clients.
▪ Preparation of tender specifications & finalisation of requirements, estimates and BOQ.
▪ Evaluation & execution of Contracting Works.
▪ Negotiation, award and review of Contracts as per FIDIC & other contract regimes.
▪ Interpretation of contractual obligations & rights and evaluation of Technical / Financial problems for Management reporting.
SITE & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT/RESOURCE PLANNING/ TRAINING
▪ Site Management including providing technical inputs for methodologies of construction & coordination
▪ Management of a team of engineers for various types of job and resolving bottlenecks.
▪ Review of Method Statements, Work Specific Quality Control Plans, and Health Safety & Environment documents.
▪ Provide training to Junior / Senior level staff in latest construction methodologies, piling / diaphragm wall constructions, quality & safety in construction, concrete mix design, form work, road constructions etc
TECHNICAL PAPER PUBLICATIONS
Bulletin of Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) Umesh Ramakrishna Rao Understanding Project Management in Construction Industry
Institution of Engineers, India Umesh Ramakrishna Rao & P. Karunakara Rao Construction & Removal of Piled Cofferdam for a Ship Yard Complex