SENIOR EXECUTIVE Retired EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Fuel Management of NTPC Ltd., India’s leading power utility having installed capacity of more than 25000 MW and ambitious growth plan of 75,000MW by 2017. Responsible for monitoring & arrangement of fuel, (coal/gas, Naphtha etc. ) for power stations to sustain high level performance, which interalia includes tie up fuel (coal & gas) both long term/short term from Domestic/International sources through linkage & import etc. Tie up of logistics inland/Rlys. & shipping etc. Liaison with Port/Rlys. authorities etc. To articulate & craft fuel sourcing strategy, liaison/interaction with Govt. authority/Policy makers/Regulator etc. Led the nucleus team of NTPC in the maiden foray into Exploration & Production of oil & gas. Also having experience in Feasibility preparation, Project Appraisal ,Project Management, Construction Erection Commissioning of super thermal power projects, Materials & Contracts Management & construction of large scale Hydro power project. Adept at, co-ordination supervision and managing the day-to-day and round the clock construction activities of large scale time bound projects involving a no. of multi disciplinary contractors. and maintenance of all specialized services, Infrastructural facilities in construction of power projects.. Keen understanding of the procedures and implementation of quality systems and complying with the norms of regulatory authorities. problem solving and man management skills. Fair for adopting latest technology, systems in compliance with quality standards. Expertise in swiftly ramping up projects with competent cross-functional skills for on time execution. Deftness in project monitoring and review of project schedules, ensuring cost control within budgeted parameters. Relationship management, communication skills with the ability to network with project members, consultants, contractors and statutory agencies.
Area of Expertise;
- Construction and project management of large scale infrastructure projects in thermal & Hydel power sector.
- Land Acquisition, Conducting Socio Economic Survey, formulation and execution of Resettlement & Re habilitation plans, Drawing up Environment protection measures etc.
- Locating and Tie-up for Basic project Inputs.
- Evaluate feasibility for the execution of plant modification projects, developing plans & schedules for same In sync with project budgets.
- Develop project execution plans after thorough discussion with clients, selection of sites, project evaluation in terms of outlays and profits attached.
- List down the resource needs for projects, after considering the budgetary parameters set.
- Monitor project schedule & execution status through periodic project review meetings.
- Evaluate Designs; coordinate with Consultants and Sub Contractors for changes in the same.
- Management of control, receipt, consumption, storage of materials( spares, consumables, construction materials) for operation of 6×210 MW & construction of 2×500 MW thermal Power Plants.
- Contract & Purchase Management for goods & services, Insurance & Risk Management, Inventory control, spare part development, formulation & Implementation of job contract through land oustees co-operative, Implementation of self employment schemes for the project affected persons.
- Dispute resolution/conflict management, analyzing of claims, conduction of arbitration proceedings in the matter of contractual claims lodged by leading civil agencies. Preparing of different documents in liaison with leading advocates in the capacity of presenting official and star witness representing NTPC. Successful in obtaining favourable judgement for the corporation by articulating proper documents, evidence, etc.
- Fuel Management for Gas based Power stations, 4000 MW multiple Power utilities-conceptualizing & structuring strategies for co-ordination with stake holders, policy makers, peer industrial groups etc.
- Business development in liquefaction of natural Gas Value chain including acquisition of Oil &Gas acreage.
- Management of exploration activities n Oil & Gas Blocks.
- Management of all the fuel related activities for 30,000MW spread across all over the country for tie up of Coal, Natural gas, RLNG, Fuel oil Naphtha.
Experience and specialised qualification in Arbitration Qualifation:
Qualified Post Graduate Diploma in Alternate Dispute Resolution and Management conducted by The Indian Law Institute (Deemed university and a premier legal training institution at New Delhi) in April 2015 involving the following subjects:
- Fundamentals of Alternate Dispute resolution
- Indian Law on Alternative dispute Resolution
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Application of ADR in other fields
- Practical Training
- Project: Arbitration in construction Industry
- Enrolled in the panel of Arbitrators of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC Ltd), India’s largest power producing company with more than 45,000 MW capacity in Thermal , Gas and Hydro Power under Govt of India and a leading power utility of the world dealing with power generation chain
- Empanelled as a Thermal consultant with State bank of India (India’s Largest Bank)
- Fellow of the Indian council of Arbitration (Apex Arbitrational Institute of India)
Exposure in Arbitration:
- Associated with multiple arbitration cases with prominent companies engaged with NTPC Ltd for construction of super Thermal power projects over complex contractual disputes in the capacity of presenting official and star witness from respondent side and associated with legal stalwarts like Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Harish Salve in the capacity of Chief Contruction manger of NTPC Ltd.
- Nominated by NTPC Ltd as Nominee Arbitrator and conducted the proceedings for the following Arbitral Tribunal along with ex judges of Supreme Court of India, Chief Justice and Judges of State High court in the following matters.
- Larsen and Tubro V/S NTPC in the construction of Tapovan Vishnugarh Hydel Power Project
- M/S Oswal V/S NTPC for setting Solar Power Project under Jawaharlal Nehru Solar Power Mission.
- Nominated by NTPC Ltd as Sole Arbitrator and conducting the proceedings in the cases listed below:
- NTPC V/S M/S Sivvansh, a building contractor for the disputes in the construction Northern region Head quarters at Lucknow
- NTPC SAIL Power Company V/S Hitesh Patel in disputes in the construction of Stores complex
- NTPC V/S Gammon India for the disputes in the construction of CW Pump house at Barh Super Thermal Power Project
- NTPC V/S KG Infrastructure in the matter of disputes in Infrastructural Development for Solapur Super Thermal Power Project. Conducted multiple Training and Workshops for managers of NTPC Ltd , GAIL (Gas Authority Of India) for the dispute resolution and contract management.