SENIOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT ● CONSTRUCTION OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Project Management · Contract & Site Management · Quality Assurance · Tendering & Designing · Construction Management · Planning & Scheduling · Material Management · Resource Mobilization · Contract Administration · Budgeting/MIS/HR · Analytical Skills · Estimation & Operations · Drawings & Documentation · Training & Development · Crisis Management
- Dynamic, industrious, versatile and result oriented professional with qualitative expertise of 20+ years in execution, supervision & management of residential & commercial building construction.
- Established performance benchmarks in accomplishing prestigious construction projects within defined time/cost parameters. Core strengths in collaborating with project teams, interfacing with clients and deploying technology to build successful solutions for clients.
- Proficient in management of all type of construction projects with project cost review, project design review, budgeting, estimating and tendering. Proven expertise in present construction methodologies and in managing materials & manpower resources to register maximum productive output.
- Fully conversant with concepts and application of quality and process improvement tools to facilitate smooth functioning of overall operations and thereby improve service and reduce costs. Demonstrated in-depth grasp of project planning, scheduling, monitoring, execution of construction projects without incidences of time/cost overruns.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Result driven and focused with immaculate work habits, excellent man-management, construction management, project management, time management and leadership skills.
- Generation/review of P3-Variance analysis and work progress reports through application of MS project ensuring adherence to pre-planned schedules & budgetary parameters.
- Carrying out project pre-planning including preparation of budget (cost baseline), Financial Breakdown Structure-FBS, Work Breakdown Structure-WBS, construction schedule (schedule baseline) and cash-flow projection.
- Development of project network at Summary, Master and Detail levels in Arrow/Precedence mode and simulating the sequence of construction of the various phases of the project.
- Monitoring the progress of work through evaluation of the SPI (Schedule Performance Index) and CPI (Cost Performance Index)
- Implementation of Management Cost & Control System (MCCS) for projects.
GLOBE BUILDERS, CHENNAI since Jun’07
- Spearheading efforts in leading a team of 15; Oversee all phases of project execution; approved engineering/design changes, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems, consistently meeting project deadlines and highest possible quality standards.
- Dexterously prepare Master Schedules for all projects including resource schedules, execution methodologies, milestones, cash flow projections / budgets and periodic monitoring.
- Contribute significantly in settling various post contract issues including dispute resolution through Arbitration.
- Develop Vendors and negotiate with them to supply the best qualitative products on most competitive prices.
- Actively participate in reviewing of concessionaire’s works programs, quality management system, detailed project reports, and conducting regular inspection of works.
- Initiate procurement activities with defined schedules and tender all capital & revenue nature of works.
- Accountable for conducting various Inspections by inspection agency.
- Nurture relations with Consultants and Vendors for speedy implementation of projects.
- Pioneer in preparation and certification of Progress Invoice, contract claims formation and realization.
- Prepare budgets, estimates, bids, proposals, schedules, contracts, subcontracts, and work scopes.
- Comprehension and assimilation of contractual obligations, rights, and scope of work. Engineered preparation of MOU’s, Legal Drafting and other contractual documents.
- Deftly prepare tenders, invite proposal, open, & finalize the vendor based on quality standards complying with the international/co. norms. Organize various training sessions for the team to enhance their performance.
- Liaising with clients, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors & external agencies for determining technical specifications, approvals and obtaining statutory clearances.
- Handling estimation, planning, billing, quality and quantity checking; analyzing the problems & giving solutions both in Technical / Non-Technical.
ASWATHANARAYANA & ESWARA CONSULTING ENGINEERS, CHENNAI Jun’06-May’07
- Credentials of executing the consortium of shoe federation of Manufactures of India project at Irrungattukottai, Chennai.
- Led a team of 15; steered efforts for troubleshooting complex technical problems; provide technical inputs for methodologies of construction & coordination with site management activities.
- Efficiently structured tender documents complete with all essential ingredients-Scope of work, Technical Specification, Drawings and inviting bids from qualified suppliers.
- Pivotal in preparation of construction schedule, delegation of work to subordinates.
- Deftly ensured that all the required materials are indented & made available on time.
- Pioneered in Indenting of material requirement on monthly basis.
- Meticulously ensured safety of men & materials at site, Stock maintenance at site.
- Interfaced & coordinated with external facilitator where assigned.
POTENTIAL SERVICE CONSULTANTS (P) LTD, BANGALORE Jun’05-Mar’06
- Successfully executed the IT Techno park project of M/s TCS at Siruseri, Chennai – Built-up area 57 lakh sft.
ESKAY DESIGN, CHENNAI Jul’04-May’05
- Successfully completed the Rs. 80 Crores Chennai Citi Centre project within 18 months.
AL JAUF LLC, OMAN Nov’01-Mar’03
- Involved in preparing Financial Breakdown Structure-FBS, Work Breakdown Structure-WBS, construction schedule (schedule baseline) and cash flow projection.
- Successfully managed the arbitration-subcontractors-payments-Invoice/payment dues from client.
- Delivered the Holiday Inn Hotel at Salalah worth Rs. 3 million RO.
NESMA & AL-FADL CONTRACTING COMPANY LTD, KSA Jun’00-Jun’01
Scheduling & Cost control Engineer
- Successfully delivered the Saudi Riyals 40 million Administration & Divers School Building Project at Ras Al Ghar, Jubail in 18 months.
KSM ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS Oct’98-May’00
- Successfully executed the construction of Sailakhshmi industries project at Bangalore and Mysore.
BIN ZAYED GROUP, DUBAI, UAE Aug’94-Sep’98
- Executed the construction of Residential complexes (G+3 storied) comprising 120 flats at Al- Hamriya.
- Roof truss construction comprising show room and cinema theatre complex at Al Wahda, Sharjah.
- Carried out major water proofing jobs for UAE armed forces using Bitumat water proofing products & polyurethane products.
P3 workshop, 5 days · MS project 2007 workshop, 2 days · PMP Contact hours (40)-4 days
Linguistic Abilities: English, Tamil, Hindi and Urdu