I am an aspiring mediator who has a great interest in conflict resolution through communication. I have expanded my knowledge both in technically but more as practically ın terms of mediation.
As mediation is a new concept in Turkey, I would like to see the applications in abroad to have a better understanding.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEERING
YAKA-KOOP | Life Cooperative for Women, Environment, Culture and Enterprise, 2002 – 2005
- NGO focusing on social and economic development of women.
- I was one of the cofounders and head of the board for 3 years.
- I was responsible for documenting and managing many large and small projects that Enterprises like the World Bank, the Frederich Ebert Foundation, KAGIDER, and SYDV were involved in.
PTT| Turkish Post, 1999 –Current
- Working as lawyer more focusing on industrial conflict and administrative cases.
Mediator, 2013 – Current
- Actively working as mediator more on industrial conflict.
- I am a board member and one of the cofounders of the Ankara Mediator Association and also working as a volunteer for the mediator project that is running at 4 schools at the moment.
- Education, Production and Organisation for women and young girls – 2004
- We provided training regarding literacy courses, family planning, breast cancer, diarrheas of children, nourishment during pregnancy and importance of mother’s milk, healthy food conservation and cooking, social and gender roles, violence, communication and women rights and feminist point of view.
- Women supported to weave rugs, socks and forged coppers and an exhibition was held for their economic development.
- Sanitary inspection, dental health check for women and children has been made
- Cinema (about women) was screened.
Peer Mediation – 2018
- The aim of this project was to encourage children to solve their conflict through communication without any violence.
- The projectwas applied in different schools that involve high number of students and located in economic deficient areas. First the teachers are trained about peer mediation. Then the students and parents are informed about the projects. Mediators from students are selected and trained. A room for mediation is reserved and used for conflict resolution.
- The Perception of Mediators on Mediation; A Contribution to Ethical Value of Mediation
- The Role of New Media in Social Interaction: A Research on Mediators Usage on Facebook Meeting Page
CERTIFICATES AND TRAININGS
- International Mediation Institute – IMI Mediation and Relationship Management” and “Conflict Management Coaching” programmes delivered by Girne American University. I have passed the exam held in Turkey and I am a Mediator registered with number TR-00013, being now recognised as a Certificated Mediator.
- Türavak Business Law Advanced Training Certification Programme October 2016.
- National and International Arbitration Advanced Training Certification December 2016.
- Mediator TrainingJanuary 2017 that was prepared by the Ankara Bar Association.
- Judicial Settlement” certification after attending a 48 hoursprogramme that was delivered under a joint programme of TOBB University and the Ankara Bar Association November 2017.
- Dispute Settler” Through a written exam from the Alternative Solutions Department,
- Referee on Business and Trade Law on Calculations
- Mediation Specialisation on Law Training Programme