Top Level assignments in Strategic Management /Financial Planning & Management /Budgeting/ Fund Management /Project Evaluation/ BPR with an organisation of repute/taxation/Insurance/Teaching
A Qualified Cost & Works Accountant with over 38 years of experience in overseeing a gamut of finance functions viz., Strategic Management, Financial Planning & Management, Budgeting and Fund Management as well as routine financial functions. Currently designated as a Principal officer with Insurance Brokers at Chandigarh. Demonstrated business acumen in leading and managing the operations, thereby achieving a higher rate of organic growth, effectively discharging the functions. Extensive experience in conceptualising and implementing financial procedures, including maintenance & finalisation of accounts, working capital management, profit monitoring and building internal financial controls. Adept at undertaking BPR initiatives, and handling project financing activities. A keen analyst with exceptional relationship management skills and abilities in liaising with Banks, Financial Institutions and other external agencies.
May 2012-till Date Practicing Cost Accountant & Insolvency Professional (2017) Proprietor
Jan ’03 – May 2012 Embee Insurance Brokers Chandigarh Managing Director
Oct ’01 – Jan ’03 UGCE-IIET (IRDA Approved), Chandigarh Director
Jan ’96 – Oct ’01 Him Tekno Forge Ltd. Chandigarh General Manager – Finance
May ‘83 – Jan ‘96 Semiconductors Complex Ltd., Mohali Manager (Finance)
Feb ’80 – May ’83 CAG of India, New Delhi Section Officer
Aug ’79 – Feb ’80 Govt. College, Gurgaon Lecturer
- Heading the overall operations entailing strategising long term business direction, developing the organisational road map and directing focussed business approach.
- Formulating need-based business plans / strategies for maximizing profitability & revenue generation & realise organizational goals.
Financial Planning & Management
- Overseeing the finance functions involving determining financial objectives, designing & implementing systems, policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial control.
- Managing treasury function involving optimum utilisation of surplus funds in profitable investments to achieve higher returns, ensuring minimum liquidity position.
Budgeting/ Fund Management
- Formulating budgets and conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected figures & actual expenditure and implementing corrective actions.
- Liaising and negotiating with banks and financial institutions for raising fund and non-fund based facilities to meet working capital and project requirements.
Accounting / Costing
- Designing and implementing systems & procedures; supervising the consolidation of group accounts and preparation of financial statements & annual reports.
- Establishing strategic cost management systems for monitoring various overheads and keeping cost control over overheads, cycle times, machine loading, capacity analysis etc.
Project Evaluation/ BPR
- Undertaking BPR initiatives by studying existing processes, analyzing new process requirements and customizing systems to suit the changed process & Screening new projects and conducting feasibility studies to determine the financial viability of new ventures.
- Designing & developing the insurance polices as per the Client’s requirement as it is possible as the insurance sector is opened in India.
At Embee Insurance Brokers Ltd., Chandigarh
- Overall in charge of the company, set up the company, service tax, income tax liasion with IRDA, insurer
- Actuarial Valuation of Pension Fund for the employees of Punjab University Chandigarh
- Design the new product for the various clients, saved premium from 20% to 64% of various clients
- Revenue generated: Brokerage earned Rs 55 lakhs ,66 lakhs and Rs 90laks
- Designed a software for insurance brokers which is saleable in the market
- Insurance Broking is a new concept in India & from the very beginning all system are streamlined as per the need of the system
At UGCE-IIET (IRDA Approved), Chandigarh
- Developed a course insurance course called Post graduate Diploma in Insurance and the said course is approved By IRDA. All the study material was written.
- Rewrite the existing study material of insurance Agents
At Him Tekno Forge Ltd. Chandigarh
- Working capital limit arranged up to 25crores
- Prepared the Forward integration project report amounting to Rs 10 crores. Arranged foreign investment, interaction for Due diligence By renowned Consultant
- Computerised the total system from salary, inventory, accounting system, debtors analysis invoicing, merger of accounts of three units located at different places
- Arrange the merger of two companies
At Semiconductors Complex Ltd., Mohali
- After fire in the factory the funds invested in a manner to get the maximum return on account of interest, Refund of income tax on account of Foreign Tax
- Defence project of Rs 75 crores, prepare the project report of Rs 300 crores & got approved from PIB Govt of India after the fire occurred in the factory
- Shifting of computerization from Mainframe to in house computers.
- Settlement of fire claim of Rs 56 crores in record time of 12 months
At Comptroller & Auditor General Of India, New Delhi
- Conducted Proprietary & Accounts of audit of Govt of India Undertakings
- Preparation of Review of India Tourism Development Corporation, to put up in the Parliament
At Govt College Gurgaon Haryana India
- Taught under graduation classes
- Arbitrator for Service Matters
- Written various books on Insurance subject
1, Compilation of General Insurance legal Decisions,
2, Compilation of Life Insurance legal Decisions,
3, Practical Aspect of Fire Insurance,
4, Practical Aspect of Engg Insurance
5, Hand Book for Insurance PSU’s Officers promotional examination
6, Practical Aspect of Marine Cargo Insurance
7, Liability Insurance
8, Cyber Security Insurance
9, Impact of GST on Insurance Sector
10, 121 Tips to Avoid legal disputes in Insurance
- Providing coaching to PSU Officers for promotional examination at Ludhiana & Chandigarh
- Guest faculty at various universities i.e. PU Chandigarh, Chitkara University, Regional Institute of Cooperative Management Chandigarh, KU, Kurukeshtra, Guru Jambeshawar, Hisar, RTC , United India Insurance Ltd Ludhiana and Chandigarh
- Committee Member of National Open School (Under Min. of HRD) Govt of India to design & develop the course on Insurance namely Diploma In Insurance Management (Approved by Ministry of HRD, Govt Of India)
- Director, Insurance Brokers Association of India
- Written study material for various universities courses
- Written articles for IRDA monthly Journal