Profession Arbitrator, Mediator – Areas of specialization include: Commercial Law, Technology, Intellectual Property (Copyright, Trademark and Patent), Media, Artb Law, Banking and Finance, Licensing, Cross-Border disputes, ICANN, Internet, Cable, Satellite, Sports and Entertainment, Aviation and Defense matters.
As attorney: Independently finalized numerous multi-million dollar, multiple party, and large complex transactions.
Advised and represented businesses in the fields of entertainment, media, sports, cable, FCC, communications, technology, and engineering/aerospace (including Fortune 500 companies and their domestic and international subsidiaries) in contract matters and litigation (including patent litigation),
- Arbitration & Mediation Services, Principal, 2001-present;
- Dynacs, Inc. (and predecessor companies), General Counsel, 1994-2001;
- Art & Commerce, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, 1989-94;
- DEG/Dino DeLaurentis Corp., Key Senior Executive, Production, Financing and Distribution of Motion Picture and Television Programming, 1982-89;
- HBO, Business Affairs, 1980-82;
- Loeb & Loeb (predecessor firm) Attorney, 1977-80;
- United Artists Corporation, Attorney, Business Affairs, 1975-77.
Over 25 years extensive experience in commercial dispute resolution in both domestic and cross-border disputes; contract interpretation, complex discovery and e-discovery issues, case management and design; claims involving demands for declaratory, injunctive and/or other equitable relief; enforcement, complex damages and damage computations. Served as arbitrator (sole arbitrator, chair or panel member) on numerous large complex cases frequently involving multiple parties, transnational and conflicts of laws issues, complex discovery. In-depth knowledge in the following practice areas:
- Technology, licensing and intellectual property;
- Internet, telecommunications, cable, and satellite delivered programming;
- Music and book publishing;
- Aerospace and defense matters;
- Production, manufacturing and distribution;
- Banking and finance, credit, insurance, and business structures (partnerships, joint ventures, limited liability companies and corporations);
- Franchise agreements;
- Tax implications relating to corporate and business issues;
- Advertising, and marketing;
- Non-disclosure and non-circumvent agreements;
- Licensing arrangements (foreign and domestic);
- Rights of publicity and privacy;
- Merger and acquisitions;
- Due diligence matters;
- Hospitality industry dispute;
Private equity, sales and secured transactions including the financing, production and distribution of theatrical
motion pictures and television programming, internet, new media and software.