Over thirty-two years’ experience in Civil Engineering and Arbitration, Dispute Resolution and Mediation. Expert witness, claims consulting, mediation and dispute resolution on structural works, buildings, roads and rail projects. Work experience in India, Zambia, Botswana and Malawi. International Dispute Resolution Conferences attended in South Africa, Brazil, Turkey, UK, Australia, Chile, Italy, Spain and US.
2002-Present: established SM Project Management Consultancy, engaged in Project Management construction projects, claims consulting, dispute resolution and mediation.
Most recent projects:-
- 2016 to current: Project Management for Indus Healthcare, on the Proposed Francistown Teaching Hospital project valued at BWP 80 million. Francistown, Botswana
- 2016 to current: Arbitration between Norcon Group (Pty) ltd and the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development represented by the Attorney General for the erection, completion and maintenance of extensions to Moshaweng and Kolonkwaneng Customary Courts. Botswana
- 2016 to current: Arbitration between KMP Construction and Attorney General for the Completion of BPSC Auditorium, Botswana
- 2017: Dispute Board Member – Malawi Roads Authority and Contractor on the Mzuzu- Nkhata Bay Road Rehabilitation Project. Mzuzu, Malawi
- 2017: Dispute Board Member– Construction of Infrastructure Services for Kazangula Village and at Nnyungwe Area in Kasane, Botswana.
- 2017: Dispute Board Member on the Shakawe Main Hospital valued at BWP 400 million. Botswana
- 1979 to 2002: Worked at Murray and Roberts (previously Multi-Construction Building and Engineering (Pty) Ltd, in
- Zambia and Botswana. Beginning as a Junior Engineer in 1979 to the Managing Director position from 1996 to 2002.
- Successful use of Dispute Boards Under FIDIC MDB Harmonized Conditions for Construction (DRBF, Cape Town, South Africa)
- Dispute Resolution in Multicultural Environments (DRBF, London, UK)
- The Allocation of Risk and the Duties and Responsibilities of the Dispute Adjudication Board under FIDIC Contract Conditions (DRBF, Turkey, Istanbul)
- Dealing with Conflicts (DRBF, Sao Paolo, Brazil)
- Proactive Dispute Resolution (DRBF, Sydney, Australia)
- Chairing of International Dispute Boards and Advanced International Dispute Training (Miami, USA)
Positions held in various organisations:
Vice Chairman of BOCCIM Construction Sector-1998, 1999 (Botswana)
Chairman of BOCCIM Construction Sector -2000, 2001, 2002 (Botswana)
Board Member of Botswana Bureau of Standards-2001, 2002
Board Member of Botswana Technical Education Committee 2002
Board Member of CITF-2000 to 2010. Botswana
Board Member of Finance Committee of CITF-2002 to 2010. Botswana
Board Member of Junior Achievement Committee from 1998 to 2002 (previously funded by USAID). Botswana
Board Member of Quality Assurance and Assessment from 2000 to 2002. Botswana.
Country representative for Botswana for the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation, Seattle, USA, since 2015
Inclusions in publications:
Included in the Who’s Who of South Africa from 2002 to the present
Included in the Directory of International Biographies (31st Edition) for 2004.