Mr. Sanjay Buch, 50 is Senior Advocate & Solicitor is also a partner of M/s. Crawford Bayley & Co. practicing in Mumbai for past 25 years since the advent of New Industrial Policy and SEBI in the year 1992.
He is practicing in the areas of Business & Corporate laws, Mergers and Acquisitions,Corporate laws which include Indian Company Law, SEBI Laws and Regulations including Take Over laws, Insider Trading, Limited Liability Partnerships, Foreign Exchange Management Laws, Competition Law, Property Laws Arbitration and Corporate Litigation in commercial matters and the like.
For past 25 years he has been personally advising many Indian and Multinational Companies on a wide varieties of legal issues. He is known for his business acumen and practical approach in solving complex legal issues and resolving family and business disputes.
He is also serving as an Independent professional Director on the Boards of a few reputed companies.
Mr. Buch is also associated with National Stock Exchange’s Steering Committee on Security Laws, Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Confederation of Indian Industries, Bombay Chamber of Commerce, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce, Indo-American- Chamber, Indo-Italian Chamber, Chamber of Tax Consultants, Forum of Free Enterprises and other such prestigious institutions.
A list of major Projects handled is annexed as Annexure “A”.
Profile -List of major projects handled by Mr. Sanjay Buch, Partner Crawford Bayley
Mergers, amalgamations and demergers of more than 100 companies in past 25 years. The major ones being Tata Oil Mills with Hindustan Unilever Limited, all the mergers of the Lever Group in India, Piramal Group, Bayer, BASF, Pfizer, Abbot, Lupin, Bombay Dying, Ciba, Sandoz, Novaartis, Glaxo Smithkline, Escorts, Alstom and many more;
- Capital Reorganisation /Re-structuring Exercise of Wimco Limited (Swedish Match);
- Acquisition of specialty chemical business by LANXESS A.G. from Bayer A.G. (Indian part);
- Divestment/sale of Photo Imaging Business by Agfa Gavert worldwide including in India;
- Re-organization of the capital of Kodak India Limited under a Scheme of Arrangement involving buyback of company’s own shares from minority shareholders resulting in enhancement of shareholding of Eastman Kodak U.K. to the extent of 100%;
- Amalgamation of Indian banking business/undertaking of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Japan with the Standard Chartered Bank under the Banking Regulation Act;
- Structuring and formulating Employees Stock Option Plan for the Employees of the cement major Lafarge India Private Limited;
- Business reorganization of Hindustan Lever Limited by Amalgamation of five subsidiaries into the parent company, Hindustan Lever Limited;
- Tax efficient De-merger of Rubber Chemical Business of Bayer Industries Limited into LANXESS India Private Limited under a Scheme of Arrangement filed with Delhi High Court;
- Tax efficient De-mergers of tea plantations businesses of Hindustan Lever Limited into Tea Estates India Limited and Doom duma Tea Estates Limited under a Scheme of Arrangement filed with Bombay High Court;
- Structuring, advising in, preparing documentation for and implementation of Captive Power Plant commissioned by Lafarge India Private Limited at Arasmatha, in the State of Jharkhand under the provisions of the New Electricity Act.
- Sale of Heart institute by Escorts to Fortis Helath care.
- 12. Sale of Pharmaceutical Formulation Business by Piramal Enterprises to Abbott.