Mr. S.K. Singhi, Founder & Managing Partner has been a Practicing Company Secretary before he decided to establish a full-fledged Law Firm to provide quick and professional services and solutions to complex legal issues to its clients. Mr. Singhi started his career as freelancer consultant in the field of merchant banking, IPO & Issue Management and thereafter had opportunity of heading the legal department of a large conglomerate having diverse interest in various sector like textile, sugar, tyre, wagon, etc for more than a decade. During this period, he advised various corporate and industrial & Business houses on various complex issues and advised on the legal strategies to resolve the disputes successfully.
Mr. Singhi has started his full service law firm in the name of Mr. S.K. Singhi & Co., Advocates as a proprietorship firm on 01st November, 2009 for providing quick and professional services and timely solution to complex legal issues. Mr. Singhi is well known personality in the corporate sector and has behind him a rich and vast experience of more than 25 years in dealing with corporate and legal matters of complex and varied nature, mergers and acquisitions including international acquisition, acquisition through disinvestments and the litigations including the corporate litigations, international arbitrations and so on. During these seven years of operation the firm has established its branch offices in New Delhi & Mumbai and have also established satellite office in the city of Gurugram. The firm has also undergone major changes and being a proprietorship firm is now converted into LLP in the name & style of “S.K. Singhi & Co., LLP.” The firm has a total strength of approximately forty (40) advocates working at its offices across all destinations.
M/s S.K. Singhi & co., LLP have been empanelled with various public sector banks & government undertaking including State Bank of India’s Corporate Accounts Group (CAG) Branches
The core area of M/s S.K.Singhi & Co., Advocates , LLP amongst others include Corporate Law, Domestic & International Arbitration, Infrastructure & mining Law, Securities Law, Economic & Fiscal Laws, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity & FDI, Intellectual Property law, Banking & Financial Services, Real Estate, Labour & Industrial Laws Legal Due Diligence, Title Search Verification, Legal Audit and drafting of various documents in case of Private Equity Investment Transaction, and other related Commercial Contracts and Documents and we represent our clients before various judicial and Quasi Judicial Forums which includes Courts at District levels, High Courts and Supreme Court, Tribunals, DRT, DRAT, BIFR, AAIFR, NCLT, NCLAT and before other Adjudicating Authorities viz, Customs, Excise, FEMA, Income Tax, Sales Tax and others.
The Firm’s skill and expertise are best suited to the needs of clients who demand quick and specialized professional services. The Firm offers to its clients a positive approach towards fulfilling their targets and objectives in a time-bound schedule.
In a short span of the existence of 8+ years (from 01.11.2009) the firm has bagged the following Accolades & Awards under guidance and leadership of Mr. Singhi-
||Award, Accolades & Achievements
||First Law Firm in eastern India to be certified ISO 9001:2008, (upgraded to 9001:2015)
||British Standard Institute (BSI)
||Best Rising law firm of the Year 2013-2014
||Legal Era Awards
||The Bengal Entrepreneurship Recognition, 2015
||The Bengal Chamber of Commerce And Industry (BCCI)
||Outstanding contribution to legal services
||Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICCI) in collaboration with Ministry of Justice, Government of India.
||Regional Law Firm of the year, East 2014 – 15
||Legal Era Award.
||The Bengal Entrepreneurship Recognition, 2016
||The Bengal Chamber of Commerce And Industry (BCCI)
||Leading Advisor of the Year – India
||Acquisition International United Kingdom(UK)
||Service Excellence awards – 2017 for legal services
||Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
||Best Legal & Consultancy Services Firm in Real Estate Sector
||Kolkata Real Estate Leadership Awards
||Emerging Law Firm of the Year – 2017
||Indian National Bar Association(INBA)
Mr. Singhi is regularly writing articles on the legal issues which are published in various magazines. Some of which have been published by renowned legal magazines. The details of some of his publications are as follows:-
||Month and Year of Issue
||The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 – Review & Proposed Amendment
||Commercial Courts – A Thought Soon to be a Reality
||Permanent Bench of Apex Court in Kolkata
||Companies Act 2013 – Is There Scope for Improvement
||Real Estate Transactions and Precautionary steps
Mr. Singhi has also featured on the cover story of “Insights Success”, The Best Business Magazine in the World for enterprises in their November, 2017 issue.
Mr. S.K. Singhi is on the panel of Arbitrators of:
- Indian Council of Arbitrators (ICA).
- Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and industry (FICCI).
- Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI).
Mr. Singhi is Life /Corporate Associate member of:
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Indian Chambers of Commerce (ICC)
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Bengal Chambers of Commerce & Industry (BCCI)
- Russian Asian Legal Association (RALA)
- CREDAI BENGAL.
- Direct Taxes Professional’s Association. (DTPA)
- Association of Tax Lawyers (ATL)
- International Council of Consultants. (ICC)
M/s S.K.Singhi & Co., LLP, Advocates is also empanelled on various public sector and government undertakings including
- Axis Bank Limited
- Development Credit Bank Ltd.
- UCO Bank
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC)
- Asset Reconstruction Company of India Limited (ARCIL)
vii) Invent Assets securitization & Reconstruction Pvt. Ltd
- West Bengal Transport Infrastructure Corporation Ltd. (WBTIDC)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
- State Bank Of Travancore (SBT, now merged with SBI)
- NBCC (India) Ltd.
- DENA Bank.
The core areas of practice of M/s S.K.Singhi & Co., Advocates LLP are:
- Corporate and banking laws
- Capital Markets Related activities including acting as Legal Advisors of the IPO’S, IPO Audit, IPO related drafting’s, opinions, etc.
- Securities and Insolvency Laws
- Documentation of International Transactions
- Documentation of consortium and Banking Finance including Retail Funding, ECB`S ,FDI, Private Equities etc.
- Advisory on Accounting & Taxation to NRIs Foreign National’s and FII’S, etc.
- Drafting & Vetting of Commercial Agreements
- Restructuring with focus on Private Equity & FDI
- Property related transactions and documents,
- Due diligence reports (with focus on IPO) & other reports in terms of SEBI Guidelines.
- Arbitration & Litigation.
- Advisory on Corporate and Banking Litigation, NPA management Recovery & SARFAESI etc.
The firm is retained by large Business Houses to act as Corporate Advisors and Legal Auditors. They have in their portfolio, diversified clients from varied sectors such as Banking, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Mining Retail, Financial Services, NBFCS, IPR, Telecom, Media & Entertainment and includes Birla Group, Dalmia Group, Saraf Group (FORUM Group), Lux Industries, , SOTC (Kunoi) Tours & Travels, Techno Craft Industries India Limited, Primarc Pansari Group, Estree – Fashion Boutique, Narayani Ispat Limited, Utkarsh Small Finance Bank, Varanasi, Axis Finance Ltd, Axis Trustees Ltd , Element Financial Solutions ltd, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, amongst others.
New Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai