25 year in experience in Treasury, Corporate Finance, Trade Finance, Accounts and Legal-Secretarial
LLB Pd Ravishankar University, Raipur 1996 57%
AICWA Institute of Cost &Works Accountant of India 1994
ACS Institute of Company Secretaries of India 2000
MBA – Fin Indira Gandhi National University, New Delhi 1999 76%
PGDMM Pd Ravishankar University, Raipur 1999 73%
ACTM Treasury Mgt. Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts (ICFAI), Hyderabad 2004
CAIIB Indian Institute of Bankers, Mumbai 2006
CIMA (UK) Chartered Institute of Management Accountant, London (Strategic Level) 2009
Certificate Courses Certificate in Bank Financial Management 2002
Certificate in Intellectual Property Right from IIM – Lucknow and ICSI-New Delhi 2002
- Working as Sr Vice President – Corporate Finance & Treasury in Alfarra Infra company Pvt ltd ( since Dec 2017)
- Worked as Vice President – Treasury in Karamtara Engg. Pvt Ltd (July 2015 to Nov 2017)
- Worked as Group Treasury Head in Essar Group/Welspun Group form Nov 2012 – June 2015
- Worked as CFO & Head –Treasury of IVFA (A reputed Private Equity having Investment of US $1.5 bn in India) from Sep 2010 to Nov – 2012
- Worked as Vice President – Treasury in SREI Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd from Sep 2009 to Sep 2010
- Worked as Asst Vice President Treasury in Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd. (An largest NBFC having monopoly in Truck Financing with an B/S size of Rs 30000 cr), Mumbai from April 2007 to Sep 2009.
- Worked as AGM/Chief Manager – Treasury & Risk in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur since March 2005 to March 2007.
- Worked as Head of Finance in Associated Cement Companies Ltd.(ACC), Lakheri Cements Works, from the period October 2000 to March 2005
- Worked as Sr. Deputy Chief Accountant in Cochin Port Trust, Cochin (CPT) during the period April 2000 to October 2000
- Worked as Deputy Manager – Corporate Finance/Treasury in Steel Authority of India Ltd.(SAIL), Bhilai Steel Plant during the period April 1992 to March 2000.
Mobilisation of funds by way of Working capital loans, term loans, debentures and securitization (Mobilised to the extent of Rs. 1000 crore a month, total mobilised fund from 2008-10 is Rs 25000 cr )
Reduction of cost of funds of the company through proper monitoring of funds, channelizing the resources and mobilisation of low cost loans and Commercial Paper programmes
In 2009-10, the team achieved the lowest comparative cost of funds, through various innovative structuring of borrowings
Negotiating with various lenders for appropriate terms, structure and pricing for various debt instruments.
Dealing with Reserve Bank of India for various compliances related to NBFCs
Dealing with Credit Rating Agencies for rating of Long term/Short term secured/unsecured NCD and Commercial paper programmes.
Compiling and monitoring cash flows of the company. Was Instrumental in setting up of the CMS (cash management System) process in the company.
Projection of company’s cash flows to analyze the long term and short term funds requirements, ensuring effective borrowing and repayment of the same
Liaisoning with the consortium bankers and financial institutions and furnishing them with the statutory documents from time to time
Preparing various MIS relating to the Treasury department.
Drafted ALM Policy, Investment policy, Market Risk Management Policy, Derivatives policy in SBBJ Bank and in STFC
Handled Securitisation of Assets with Banks to the tune of Rs 12000 cr
Raised funds to the tune of 7000 cr in a single year by NCDs, TL, CC, CPs, Sub Debt etc
Raising fund for Road Project Finance : a) Indore – Ujjain SH 7 Term Loan for Rs 237 cr b) Rohatak-Bawal NH-7 in Haryana for Rs 878 cr under DBFOT model
Generated Treasury profit of Rs 170 cr in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur for FY 2006-07.
Twice winner of Nehru Award of Steel authority of India for outstanding performance in the finance & Accounts;
Represented before CEGAT for refund of Rs 75 lakhs excise duty (MODVAT) on grinding media;
Claimed deferment of 75% Sales Tax from Rajasthan Government on sale of cement in the state of Rajasthan;
Handled Rs. 20000 crores of Investment of PF Trust of SAIL, studied the method of valuation of securities in the Annual Accounts and suggested various measure which resulted deficit into surplus; Also handled PF of ACC Cement
Suggested the raw material purchasing strategy in non-harvesting season in ACC, which had brought in saving of around 215 lakhs pm. Strategy suggested and adopted for purchasing Limestone (raw material) in the off season to reduce the cost of raw material after cost-benefit analysis and which resulted in saving of Rs 225 lakhs pm.
Done total integration and networking of Accounts dept vis-à-vis with other dept of Cochin Port trust.
List of Publications authored
- “Hedging the IRR of the Funds of PF Trust” – Management Accountant, Journal of Institute of Cost & Works Accountant of India
- ” Credit Risk Management in Banks- Basel Way” – Bank Quest, Journal of Indian Institute of Bankers
- “How to avoid Credit Concentration in Banks” – Bank quest, Journal of Indian Institute of Bankers
- “Managing the Corporate Treasury by Interest Rate Futures” “Chartered Secretary”, Journal of Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- “Commodity Futures – A tool for Risk Management in Corporate” – Management Accountant, Journal of Institute of Cost & Works Accountant of India..
- Securitisation – leveraging Balance sheet – “Chartered Secretary” Journal of Institute of Company Secretary of India
- Managing Interest Rate Risk in the Balance Sheet of Banks and FIs – Journal of ICFAI