2012 – Present – PhD under guide Prof. (Dr.) S.P. Singh, “Insider Trading: A comparative study of laws in India and USA”
2017 June – International Commercial Arbitration (Summer School), Center for International Commercial Arbitration, Washington College of Law, American University, Washington D.C.
May – June’2014 – XIII Summer Course on International Law, Indian Society of International Law, Delhi
2005-2006: University of East Anglia – Masters in International Commercial and BusinessLaw (62%) This course is a one year course which gives an insight in to the various theories andpracticalities of Commercial and International Business Law. The subjects chosen by me include International Business Taxation, Payments and finance in international trade, global financial markets. One has to work in teams, present case material, take part in discussions and submit a supervised dissertation by the end of the year.
2002-2005: LLB from Law Center-II, University of Delhi, India – 2ndDivision (58.4%). The course gave a wide knowledge of legal system and laws in India. The development of Law from the historic times to the Modern Law given by the British. Have experience of participating in discussions and moot courts. The main subjects studied during the course were Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence, Principles of Contract, Limitation & Arbitration Civil Procedures, Law of Torts Criminal Law , Taxation, Intellectual Property Law, International Law relating to settlement of Disputes and Arbitration, International, Professional ethics Administrative Law Interpretation of Statutes.
Diploma in Intellectual Property from World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO),Geneva. The course consisted of the general understanding of the subject of IP law with tests and assignments at the end of the session
May 2003: Passed the Foundation and Professional Education Examination (PE) – II of TheInstitute of Chartered Accountants of India. A Chartered Accountant is responsible for lookingafter the financial and Taxation interests of his client/employer. At the PE – II level, the focus is on Principles of Accountancy and book keeping, taxation and Financial Management. The course gives an insight of the accounting procedures and methods in every type of organization, including educational and non profit fully funded organizations.
1999-2002: Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) from Delhi University, India – 2nd Division. The subjects studied at the graduation level included Company and Financial Accountancy, Cost Accounting, Taxation, Business mathematics, Micro and Macro Economics.
Details of Academic Work Experience:
1. July’15 – Present: Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator MBA, School of Real Estate, School of Built Environment, RICS Amity University: Taking classes for post graduate management students with specialization in real estate laws and regulations, Corporate laws and taxation in the real estate sector, laws and regulations for construction industry and infrastructure sector.
2. Aug’10 to May.15: Assistant Professor – Lloyd Law College: Working as an Assistant Professor in Law. Taking classes for BA.LL.B Year students in subjects like Law of Contracts, Company Law, Moot Courts and Law of Torts. Successfully conducted Intra and Inter College Moot Courts and drafted problems for the same. Head of the Internship and Placement Cell, responsible for placing students for internships and conducting placement week on campus.
3. Oct’ 09- Mar’10: Consultant – OSC Exports Services Ltd: Worked as a Consultant with the Knowledge Centre directly under the Clifford Chance LLP. Worked for Clifford Chance offices worldwide helping them with legal research work, drafting, due diligence, vetting of contracts and other related tasks.
4. May’09 to Oct’09: Research and Teaching Assistant – Indira Gandhi National OpenUniversity, Law School: Registered for a Ph.D Program with the School of Law. Research onCarbon Trading and its commercial viability in India. During my tenure as an RTA worked on compiling content on many IGNOU Programs like Maters in IPR and other related courses.
5. June’07 to July’08 and Aug’09 to Oct’09– Visiting Lecturer – Amity Institute of Advanced LegalStudies, Amity University and Lecturer (Corporate Tax Planning), Amity International Business School: Worked as a Visiting Lecturer for LLM – Corporate Law students, givinglectures on Corporate Law. Also served as a guide and supervisor for their LLM thesis on various topics. Took lectures for MBA final year (finance specialisation) students. Additional responsibility of managing international affairs of the University which includes liaison work with foreign universities for student & faculty exchange programs. Core Member of teams within the University responsible for organising various University events of international repute, which includes leading team of students and colleagues and directly reporting to the Pro-Vice Chancellor. Been a part of the Faculty Exchange Program to Leeds Metropolitan University, UK.
6. July’08 to May’09: Manager – Assessment Services & Legal Trainer – Rainmaker Training &Recruitment Pvt. Ltd: Heading the conception and development of the Assessment Product(Rainmaker Metrics). Training students and corporate lawyers in aspects such as legal drafting, legal documentation, LPO training (UK and USA Legal Structures) at corporate and employee level, development of bespoke training products for corporates and LPOs. Content creation, research and development for various training programs.
7. Feb’07 to May ’07: Worked as a Lecturer (Principles of Business Law and Accountancy) at London Academy for Higher Education, London, UK.
Details of training and other work experience
1. Attended one week workshop of Summer University Tower Hamlets at Allen Overy LLP, LondonOffice.
2. February 2005 to March 2005 Worked as Legal Assistant with Mr. Shridhar.Y.Chitale,Advocate Supreme Court of India:
• Attended court proceedings in High court and Supreme Court and assisted seniors in Court work, attended hearing in Trade Marks Registry and National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission.
• Did research work on various statutes like Arbitration Act, Limitation Act, Civil Procedure Code, Industrial Dispute Act and extracted Case Laws in related cases.
3. August 2000 to August 2003: Underwent Accountancy training as required by The Institute ofChartered Accountants of India, under Khanna &Mathur Chartered Accountants, New Delhi, India.
• Final Audit of Fully funded research organisation under Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT). Checked movement of funds, submissions of claims due and Income and Expenditure Accounts of Specific projects.
• Regular book keeping and accounts, analysis of Bank and other books of accounts in the process of compiling Income Tax Returns.
• Tax Audit and preparation of Balance Sheets of Corporate and Non- Corporate assesses, interim and final Audits of clients, compilation and preparation of TDS and Annual Returns.
Publications& Paper Presentions:
• Presented paper (co-authored) in 2016 Asian Society for Real Estate (AsRES) at IIM Bangalore, “India Realty Impediments – Law, Policy and Land bastes”
• Title Rajat K. Gupta’s Case, Journal: SEBI and Corporate Laws Journal (SCL), Taxmann, ISSN:0972-818X, Vol. 122 Issue 1, November, 2013
• Title: Corporate Governance, Journal: Tax Law Update published by the Academy of Commerce, Issue: August ‘ 2004
• Student Ambassador with the University of East Anglia.
• Part of the Pulse Polio Campaign of the Central Government.
• Volunteer Expertonwww.allexperts.com
• Worked as a Volunteer with Help Age India, a Non-Government Organization.