Ravi Dabral has over 25 years of professional work experience in commodity trading (minerals and metals) & energy sector (power trading & power projects) and has main qualifications in the field of international trade & commerce, international business laws, arbitration, mediation, political science, economics, management, shipping, forex & derivative trading, corporate law, cost & management accountancy, quality management, information technology, compliance, risk management, etc.
Main Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Master of Laws (M.) in International Business Law from Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, U.K.;
- Bachelor of Law (B.);
- Master’s Degree in Economics;
- Master’s Degree in Political Science;
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, U.K.;
- Professional Company Secretary (FCS) from The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), New Delhi, India.
- Professional Cost & Management Accountancy (FCMA) from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), Kolkata, India.
- Commerce Graduate ( Com.) from University of Delhi, India;
- Professional Qualification in Chartered Shipbroker from Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS), London, U.K.;
- Graduate Certificate in International Arbitration (GCIA) from National University of Singapore (NUS);
- Completed Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 1 & Module 2) and passed Mediation Skills Assessment from Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC).
- Mediation Certificate Course (an introduction to Strategic Conflict Management – Mediation) from Marican Mediation Services (MMS), Singapore.
- Diploma in Derivative & Forex Trading from Metropolitan Business School, Ireland & Powerup Capital Network, Singapore;
- Quality Management Systems Auditor & Lead Auditor Course (Based on ISO 9001:2008) from Nigel Bauer & Associates, U.K.;
- Coal Trading & Risk Management Training Course – Mastering Essential Trading & Risk Management Techniques (organised by: Coaltrans Conferences & Perret Associates, U.K.);
- Certificate Course in Understanding Information Technology in Corporate Environment National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT), New Delhi, India
- Diploma in Secretarial Practice & Computer from Board of Technical Education, Delhi, India.
Professional work experience in Corporate Field:
- Has about 25 years of vast corporate, professional and comprehensive management experience in commodity trading and energy sector.
- Having extensive multidisciplinary professional knowledge comprising commercial, corporate finance, corporate laws, compliance, risk management, strategic planning, organizational development, strategic business development, project management, commodity sourcing, mine investment, vessel chartering, commodity trading (physical & derivatives), etc.
Work Experience (Jobs held during last 8 years):
- At present working in Knowledge International Strategy Systems Pte. Ltd. (KISSPL), Singapore as Director & Commodity Trader since 1st December 2010 and looking after:
- Overall In-charge of KISSPL’s Singapore & South East Asia operations.
- Strategic & business analysis and risk management.
- Sourcing and procurement of commodities and trading thereof.
- Liaisoning and interacting with shipowners, shipping companies and shipbrokers for freight negotiation, chartering agreements and related logistics and shipping operation management
- Liaison and negotiation with banks and financial institutions for trade finance and treasury facilities
- Logistics & operation management.
- Interacting with lawyers and arbitrators for company’s legal cases,
- Contract drafting, management and legal vetting,
- Preparation of tender documentation and negotiation of prices with buyers and suppliers.
- Cost management, cost control and MIS.
Worked with Associated Energy Synergies Pte. Ltd. (AESPL), Singapore as Director (Business Development) from 1st July 2009 to 30th November 2010 and looked after:
- Business development, Sales and Marketing
- Interacting with shipping companies for freight negotiation and chartering agreements
- Dealing with banks and financial institutions for trade finance requirement
- Compliance and legal vetting,
- Cost management & cost control
Awards & Achievements:
- ‘Man of Excellence Award’ for outstanding achievements in Education, Business, Corporate & Social Service fields. Award was conferred at the 10th International Seminar (held on 11th November 2016 in Bangkok, Thailand) organised by The Indian Achievers Forum.
- Top Student of the Cohort (Certificate of Merit) Award for Master of Laws in International Business Law (LL.M.) from Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom.
- Various awards, scholarship & merit certificates in academic, sports, social service and extra-curricular activities.
- Yoga and Meditation Courses from Brahama Kumari Spiritual University (Singapore Centre), Kayakalpa Yoga Course from The World Community Service Centre (Singapore) and Inner Engineering Course from Isha Foundation, Singapore as part of developing soft skills and overall personality physical, intellectual and spiritual.
Mediation & Arbitration Experience:
- Represented present company (Knowledge International Strategy Systems Pte. Ltd., Singapore who has Global Trader Program membership from International Enterprise Singapore) in an USD30 million coal mine investment dispute case with an Indonesian Company. Our company was fighting this case both in Singapore High Court and under Arbitration wherein sole arbitrator was appointed by the Singapore International Arbitrator Centre (SIAC). Finally, this case was resolved through negotiation and mediation.
- On behalf of the present company, I regularly directly and indirectly interact with company’s external counsels, arbitrators and mediators for company’s international commodity trading and chartering disputes.
- Theoretical knowledge which I have gained during my Bachelor of Law (LL.B.), Master of Laws in International Business Law (LL.M.), Graduate Certificate Course in Arbitration from National University of Singapore (NUS) and strategic conflict management & mediation courses from Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) and Marican Mediation Services (MMS) have sharpen through my commercial, business, legal, corporate and professional experience of over 25 years in commodity & energy trading.
- I have informal experience in mediation & negotiation wherein I have successfully mediated many commercial disputes and family disputes to the satisfaction of both parties.