Summary of Skills & Experience
- I have about 35 years of experience in the Legal Department of large and reputed companies as detailed below :-
Industrial Finance Corporation of India Ltd- (1982-1995).
- I had been carrying out title investigation of the lands of industrial projects ( existing as well as greenfield projects) and making title reports. Had been engaged in drafting, vetting and executing the loan agreements, security documents ( equitable mortgage, hypothecation etc,) and undertakings for the loans granted to industries. Had been incharge of safe custody of original title deeds. This experience extended to Delhi-NCR, Rajasthan and Maharashtra.
- Had also carried out various domestic enquiries against delinquent employees.
- I had also been nominated to the Board of Assisted Companies.
ITC Ltd (2001-2014)
- Had been involved in the acquisition of land for Hotel projects in Ahmedabad, Uttrakhand, Hyderabad, Chennai, Goa, Kolkata and Gurgaon ( as it was then known). This covered title investigation of proposed land after examination of revenue papers as well as examination of revenue and town planning laws of the State to check the possibility of setting up the Hotel project on the land. This engagement also extended to preparation of draft documents needed for concluding the transaction.
- Had been involved in the drafting and execution of Long Term Leases, Operating License Agreements and Operating Lease Agreements with the Owners of properties to operate Hotels in such properties. This in turn also involved title verification of the subject property.
- Had also been engaged in the due diligence of ITDC Hotel properties in Delhi at the time of disinvestment.
- Had been handling high staked litigation involving Hotel lands. This involved drafting and vetting of notices, pleadings and affidavits, monitoring the progress of the cases, briefing the advocates, attending conferences with the Senior Advocate and planning strategies.
- Had been handling litigation w.r.t. dismissed employees under I.D.Act, 1947.
- Proficient at providing counselling on and planning strategies & procedures to be followed in handling matters pertaining to Property, employer employee relations, Land acquisition and Arbitration.
Besides I had served for brief durations in DCM Ltd, DCM Estates and Infrastructure Ltd , DLF Universal Ltd and Mother Dairy.
Jul’78-Jul’79 Delhi University Lecturer in law-at (Evening Law centre)
Jul’79-Nov’79 Associated with Dr Anand Prakash Advocate
Nov’79-Dec’80 Mawana Sugar (DCM Ltd) Asst.Law Officer
Jan’81-Dec’82 Mother Dairy (NDDB) Law Officer
Dec’82-Mar’95 Industrial Finance Corp. of India Ltd Manager-Law
Apr’95-May’99 DCM Estates & Infrastructure Ltd Legal Manager
May’99-May’01 DLF Universal Ltd Sr. Legal Manager
May ’01-Oct ‘14 ITC Ltd Asst. Solicitor
Jan 2015-May 2016 Visiting Faculty at North Cap University teaching the Law of Contract and Administrative Law.
Have been a legal consultant since 2014.
Presently taking classes in Mewar University, every Sunday, on Company Law and Property Law since December, 2016.
- Have briefed senior counsels of which M/s P.Chidambaram, Harish.N.Salve, Abhishek.M. Singhvi, F. Nariman, Soli Sorabjee, Gopal Subramaniam, C.A.Sundaram, Anil Diwan are the prominent names.
- I am a life member of Indian Law Institute, Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA) and International Council of Alternative Disputes Resolution (ICADR)
- I have been empanelled as an arbitrator with ICA & ICADR.
- Have attended (a) an International Conference on “Arbitration in the era of Globalisation” held in Delhi by ICA in December 2015 and (b) “ National Initiative Towards Strengthening Arbitration and Enforcement in India” held in Delhi by Niti Ayog in October 2016.