COMMITMENT| LEADERSHIP | INTEGRITY
Broad legal background with more than 15 years of specialization in industrial relations. An articulate and proactive individual with strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills with a successful track record of reducing legal expenses including the use of appropriate risk management measures. Have demonstrated experience in managing issues outside industrial relation matters and is resourceful in assessing issues to adequately protect clients and complete projects, producing professional results while adhering to rigid deadlines. Dedicated in maintaining a reputation built on quality, service, and uncompromising ethics.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Industrial Relations
- Strategic / Tactical Planning
- Employee Relations
- Training & Development
R USHA DEVI & ASSOCIATES –KUALA LUMPUR since Dec. 2004, PROPRIETOR
Lead a range of industrial/ employment litigation at the Industrial, Labor and High Courts, which includes providing advice, negotiations, advocacy in tribunals and document preparation. Guard and anticipate against legal risks facing the company in employement matters, and expand and advice company strategy and position on industrial relation matters.
- Facilitated initiatives to conciliate on numerous trade disputes on dismissals, which includes drafting charges/show cause letters.
- Developed employment contracts, documentation for mergers & retrenchment exercise and significantly strengthened Company’s ability to assign work based on business needs and employee skills.
- Assisted and advised numreous employers in the application of Human Resources and Industrial Relations practice and legal principles as well as all other aspects of disputes/issues governing employee-employer relationship including mediation.
- Successfully develped and conducted in-house training programmes and seminars on matters governing Industrial Law for clients.
RAMADASS & ASSOCIATES –KUALA LUMPUR Jan. 2003- Nov. 2004, ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR
- Spearheaded employement disputes/cases at the Labour, Industrial and High Courts.
- Formulated various legal documentation e.g.: Statement in Replies; Witness’ Statements, bundle of documents etc.; along with advice to corporate personnel on legal issues relvant to respective disuptes as well as develop necessary documentation mergers and retrenchment exercise including Affirmitavie Actions and Managerial Succession Plans.
- MONASH UNIVERSITY SUNWAY FROM 2012 – PRESENT, PART TIME TUTOR/SENIOR ADJUNCT LECTURER, SUBJECTS: BUSINESS LAW AND MEDICAL LAW
- OPEN UNIVERSITY FROM 2012 – 2016, PART TIME LECTURER/ CHIEF EXAMINER, SUBJECTS: BUSINESS LAW AND LABOUR LAW
- BERJAYA BUSINESS SCHOOL FROM SEPT 2017 – DEC 2017, PART TIME LECTURER/CHIEF EXAMINER, SUBJECTS: LEGAL ASPECTS FOR BUSINESS; RETAIL LAW; HOSIPIALITY LAW
- CHARTERED TAX INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA FROM MARCH 2017, EXAMINER – PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS
- MALAYSIAN EMPLOYERS FEDERATION (MEF), COUNCIL MEMBER, FINANCE COMMITTEE AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS PANEL FROM 2010-2018, MAYBANK
Corporate Experience Prior to advancing my career pursuant to legal practice, I was attached to the banking sector.-
- Mayban Trustees Bhd;
- Property Department;
- Credit Card Centre, Legal Unit