Arbitrator” and “Corporate Veterans General:
a technocrat with an excellent track record of over 40 years at the top and senior management levels including Director (on the board of directors), President and Project Manager in large companies, and later as a Consultant/Advisor, in the areas of Corporate Planning and Management; Industrial Joint Ventures and technical collaboration agreements with international companies; Execution of Project Construction and Plant and machinery procurement agreements; Project Construction Management; Software/ BPO Contract Management with companies in USA and Europe; Mergers and Acquisition; Shareholders agreements; Dispute Resolution
- have successfully set up several industrial projects with various assignments including Project Management; Agreements for supply of Plant / machinery; Detailed Engineering; Project Construction Management (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation) including tendering, contracting and supervision; Resolution of disputes with contractors.
- have a wide exposure to international business environment with extensive visits to USA, Europe, Japan, South East Asia etc regarding collaborations and project management.
- As a Life Member and Panelist of the Indian Council of Arbitration and ICADR, I have conducted/ am conducting a number of arbitrations referred to by them as a sole arbitrator.
- Have co-authored a book on Arbitration and also written papers for Arbitration seminars; invited as a resource person for delivering lectures on dispute resolution; attended workshops on mediation and arbitration
- Foundation Mediation Skills Training Course” of CEDR, London, held in New Delhi
- Online Certificate Course of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, on “Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology in the Internet Age”
- Participated in Workshops on ‘Domestic and International Arbitration’ including the events conducted by Indian Council of Arbitration in March 2015
Certificate courses including E-Commerce, software Various institutions
Appointed as a sole arbitrator in arbitration matters by ICA/ICADR. Conducted the arbitrations and gave awards in all cases except one for which hearings are continuing.
Authorship of book
Co-authored a book on “Arbitration: Proceedings and Practice” published by LexisNexis Butterworth Wadhwa, New Delhi in 2010
Delivered lecture as resource person on “Dispute Redressal Mechanism” on the invitation of HP Power Corporation Ltd (a Government undertaking)
Papers presented in seminars
Have submitted papers on arbitration including the following:
- Dispute resolution in Hydro-electric power projects
- Resolution of Software disputes
- Conducting Arbitrations
- Management Consultant to a software and business process outsourcing company (BPO) for contract management relating to US and European clients; Mergers and Acquisitions, shareholders Agreement for Angel and VC funding; general management