Post Last Held:
Chief Engineer PWD B&R (Br.) Haryana
World Bank Assignments Handled
Short term consultant to World Bank Assignments:-
a) Value Engineering study for Indian Projects of NHAI. To access current practice in various stages of NHAI projects starting from planning and design through construction stage.
b) Study in Roads Funds in South Asia Region- Indian States
Associated assignments of World Bank:-
- Operation of DRB Mechanism in World Bank Financed Projects.
- WB Sponsored project: Study to support CC pavements in India.
- Carried out as one of the team members World Bank Assignment in 2007 to study the effectiveness of DRB system in India.
- Scrutiny of DPR Projects of PMGSY in the state of Bihar-Assigned by NRRDA (WB project)
Asian Development Bank assignments
- Faculty chosen by ADB for Contract Management of Highway projects in Tripura.
- Participated in Training program in FIDIC contract Management – Training of trainers held at New Delhi during 26-28th June,2014
Countries of Work Experience:
1) Independent Consultant and Highway Professional
2) Technical Advisor Indian Roads Congress.
3) Chairman Dispute Review Board (DRB) and member DRB appointed by NHAI and State PWD’s seven projects. 43 disputes finalized.
4) Member Arbitration Tribunal, Four-laning National Highway No. 1 ( Karnal to Ambala Section in Haryana state ) World Bank assisted Project (Both Packages ) of MORTH ( Govt. of India). ——-Four cases
5) Member Arbitration Tribunal NH-24- NHAI Project both likely to be completed by end of May 2008.—Two cases.
6) Carried out, as Associate Consultant (of main consultant), the following studies sponsored by World Bank.
a) Preparation of a master plan i) for ‘Kandi Area’ and ii) Maintenance Policy for Rural Roads in the State of Punjab.
b) A study of the Institutional arrangements (planning, design, supervision and technical audit) for the PRADHAN MANTRI GRAM SADAK YOJANA (PMGSY) in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
7) i) Prepared (major contribution) Standard Data Book-1994
ii) Revised standard data book 2003 of MoRTH with RITES
8) Wrote the Specification of Concrete Pavements for Rural Roads for NRRDA (Ministry of Rural Development)
9) i) Completed the Standard Data Book in respect of Road Works for NRRDA-MoRD 2004
ii) Headed the team to revise Standard data book NRRDA in respect of Road Works for NRRDA-MoRD 2014
10) Scrutinizing Peer Review of NHAI Project for both Rigid and Flexible Pavements in different states of India.
11) Review of Engineering design of sample DPRs in the state of Bihar.
Writing paper for International Road Federation, to be held in New Delhi
Recently advised NHAI (MORTH) on the biggest concrete road project 136 km of Eastern Periphery Expressway around Delhi.
Recently revised and published quality assurance hand book of MORD. The concrete road chapters was updated by me.
Engaged in revising and updating the remaining rigid pavement codes and standards.
For no. codes i.e. IRC 15, IRC 44, IRC SP 17 and 2LCP have just been approved by Highway Standards and Specifications committee.
Advised Nagpur PWD Govt. of Maharashtra, on the correct methodology of constructing CC pavement on internal ring road in Nagpur city.