Pulkit Prakash, Advocate, Delhi High Court
Additional Diploma and Certificate –
- Certificate course on Medicine Laws from Institute of Medicine and Law, Mumbai
- Advance course on Trademark, Industrial Design and Geographical Indications from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland
- Summer Certificate Course – Agenda for Survival: learning the policies, practices and politics of environment management in India from Anil Agarwal Green College an Institute of Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi (Received the Kamla Chowdhry Fellowship to attend this course which carries a compensation of Rs. 7,000/-)
- Diploma in Cyber laws with special paper on International Cyber Crime Law from Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune
- Advanced program in International Cyber Laws from Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune
- Program in Information Technology Law from Data64 Techno Solutions Pvt Ltd, Pune
- International Year of Forest (IYF) 2011 Certification program from Indian Astrobiology Research Centre, Mumbai
- Certificate course on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) from People Canvas, Panchkula, Haryana
- Certificate of Training in Anti-trafficking & Bonded Labour from Justice Ventures International (JVI) in partnership with Geneva Global, India Nepal Human Liberty Initiative (INHLI) and CNLU, Patna
- Certificate of Participation in 05 Day Summer School on CPC, CrPC & IPR 2016 from Delhi High Court Bar Association, Adyopant Legal & Atmabodh
- Certificate of Participation in the Conference on Anti Money Laundering organized by Achromic Point Consulting Pvt. Ltd
- Certificate of Participation in Seminar on Anti Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace by Labour Laws Institute
Professional Activities –
Pulkit Prakash prior to coming into litigation was working as an in-house legal counsel with Trident Group and was posted at Bhopal, MP. In his university days he was involved with several activities and have assisted Professor Dr. Jean Dreze, then Member, National Advisory Council on MGNREGA and Mr. Ritwick Dutta, Partner, Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE), (a law firm) in preparing reports of Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Environmental Court and Tribunals existing and running in Asiatic Continent. As an intern he has worked on the project of ‘Improving health status of urban poor’ imparting knowledge on sanitation, good health and diet while working at Centre for Health and Resource Management and have assisted Mr. Vinod Kumar Sinha, Principal Judge, Family Court, Patna developing understanding over Family Laws and Family Court proceedings pertaining to issues such as Divorce, Judicial Separation, Restitution of Conjugal Rights, Muslim personal laws, Special Marriage, Foreign Marriage et. He has assisted Mr. Prem Kumar Jha, Advocate, Patna High Court over Writ Petitions and appeal matters related to constitutional, civil and commercial laws. He was also awarded with the Bachpan Banao Fellowship for providing mentorship to Pota-Cabin School of Dakshin Bastar, Dantewada, Chhattisgarh (India) under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission where he has worked under the guidance of Neeraj Kumar Bansod, IAS, CEO, Zila Panchayat, Dantewada, Chhattisgarh (India).
He is enrolled as a Member of the National Geographic Society by the officers and board of trustees in recognition of his support to the organization. He has represented India as a delegate in the Third BRICS Legal Forum hosted by The Bar Association of India in the month of September 2016 at New Delhi, India.
As an academician, he has presented Scientific Paper on Acquaintance Rape and Date Rape titled as ‘Grief Silence and Indian law’ receiving the Award of Excellence in the 02nd International Conference on Medical Negligence and Litigation in Medical Practice and on recent advances in Forensic Sciences, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2011 organized by Indian Medico-Legal Experts (Regd). He has presented the research paper on International Commercial Arbitration and its conflict in India titled as ‘International Commercial Arbitration in India’ in the UGC sponsored Two-day National Seminar on Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution in India: issues and challenges, 2012 organized by Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur. During the tenure of his Summer Certificate Course – Agenda for Survival he published a magazine named as ‘Agenda for Survival’ and created a website with a similar name posting a write up about his learning and experience during the course and an article over forest management by the community titled as ‘Community Forest Management’. He was also the Editor and Publishing Member of an e-magazine named ‘Wake Up Call’ a fortnightly magazine being published as an inner publication of the university from March 2011 to August 2011.
Professional Experience –
In August 2013 after passing out from the University Pulkit Prakash joined Trident Limited as an In-house legal counsel where he worked till December 2014. Over the period span of one and half years he has helped the company in resolving various crucial and important land disputes matters, subject matter of labour and industrial compliance and electricity, employment and environmental matters which was due at the factory site. He was also in the core member team which was responsible for the merger and acquisition of Trident Corporation Limited into Trident Limited.
From January 2015 onwards, he has started practicing before the Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, and other National Tribunals and Commission representing various clients earlier under the supervision of Mr. Pragyan Pradip Sharma, Supreme Court advocate. Later, since December 2015 he is practicing on an independent basis and have recently come up with his own law firm named as ‘Niti Bodh’. Some of the clients with whom he has worked with or has represented before the Hon’ble Courts of India or both include State of Mizoram, BPTP, Praj Industries Ltd, Pacecon Engineering Pvt Ltd, Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL), Uttam Sucrotech Pvt. Ltd, Shiva LED Products, Anand Physio Equipments, Writingmind Technologies LLP, Clues Network Pvt Ltd (Shopclues), Wood Piper Private Limited, RORO Solutions, Apurva Projects and Contracts Pvt Ltd and others.
Area of Expertise –
Pulkit Prakash hold experience in the field of labour, industrial and employment laws, civil and commercial laws and has in depth knowledge on the subjects like Arbitration laws, Energy laws, Environmental Laws, EIA, Forest Laws, Intellectual Property Rights, International Cyber laws, Information technology laws, Medical laws, Money laundering and others.