Perry S. Granof is the Managing Director at Granof International Group LLC, where he provides insurance consulting, expert witness, and claims resolution services specializing in international and domestic Professional Liability Insurance. He previously served as Vice President and Claims Counsel with The Chubb Corporation. He is the principal editor of and contributor to The Global Directors and Officers Deskbook published by the American Bar Association (ABA) in September 2014, authored the chapter on “International ADR” for the book entitled Resolving Insurance Claim Disputes Before Trial, published by the ABA in June 2018, and has spoken on Professional Liability Insurance throughout the world.
Mr. Granof is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Washington State Bar, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, where he attained his Fellowship designation in International Arbitration (FCIArb). He currently serves on State Bar of Wisconsin Dispute Resolution Section Board and the CIArb-North American Executive Board, having previously served as Chair of the ABA Torts Trial and Insurance Section (TIPS’) Dispute Resolution; Professionals’ Officers’ and Directors’ Liability; and International Committees.
He is a Public Arbitrator for the Financial Institution Regulatory Authority (FINRA), a certified ARIAS Arbitrator, and also sits as a member of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) Commercial and Consumer Panels. Mr. Granof graduated with a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Wisconsin, was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa honors society, and completed his training in Mediation Skills through Northwestern University.
Publications / Papers:
- Resolving Insurance Claim Disputes Before Trial, ABA Publishing, Spring 2018
- The Global Directors and Officers Deskbook, ABA Publishing, Fall 2014
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance,” Juriste International, UIA – International Association of Lawyers (2012.4)
- Potential Liabilities of Corporate Directors and Officers in the United States,” Juriste International, UIA (2012.3)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in International Business Transactions,” Juriste International, UIA (2012.2)
- Doing Business in Washington State, International Practice Section, Washington State Bar, 2010
- Ebb and Flow: The Changing Jurisdictional Tides of Global Litigation,” New York International Law Review, Winter 2008, Vol. 21, No. 1.
- Global Issues Affecting Securities Claims at the Beginning of the Twenty-First Century,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Fall 2007, Vol. 43, No. 1