- 5/1989: Doctor, Fordham University School of Law, New York City
- 11/2008: Master of Science – Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN.
- 5/1985: Bachelorof Science in Business Administration, SouthEast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO.
- 12/08- : ADR Professional
Serving as neutral (mediator/arbitrator) for the following types of disputes:
- Insurance Coverage
- General commercial & business
- Employment & organizational matters
- Real estate.
Extensive mediator and arbitrator training Rosters:
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR) – Arbitrator & Mediator
- American Arbitration Association – Commercial Arbitrator & Mediator
- ARIAS-US – Certified Neutral Arbitrator & Qualified Mediator
- London Court of International Arbitration – Roster
- USCIB – Roster
- American Health Lawyers Association – Arbitrator & Mediator
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration – Arbitrator & Mediator
- United States District Court – SDNY – Mediator
- United States Bankruptcy Court – SDNY – Neutral
- New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division — New York & Queens County—Mediator
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – Arbitrator & Mediator
- National Futures Association- Arbitrator
- Resolute Systems – Arbitrator & Mediator
- National Center for Dispute Settlement – Arbitrator & Mediator
- New York City Bar Association’s Client-Attorney Mediation Panel
5/99-10/10: Director – Legislative, Privacy & Projects, MetLife, New York, NY.
Worked with government relations and represented the company on privacy committees of various trade groups, such as American Council of Life Insurers, American Health Insurance Plans and the Health Leadership Council. Manage and participate in many cross-enterprise projects including mergers, integrations, business efficiencies and compliance. Oversaw distribution of HIPAA & GLB privacy notices. Reviewed all laws and regulations affecting Institutional Business, including oversight for all applicable initial compliance work for group insurance & retirement products & services
5/89-5/99: Associate Counsel/Attorney, MetLife, New York, NY.
Was trial and appellate counsel for company in areas of ERISA, FEGLI, insurance, real estate investments, corporate investments and other corporate issues. I conducted over 100 trials while managing 120 lawsuits at a time and advising on pre-dispute matters.
9/85-5/89: Paralegal, MetLife & J.C. Penney, New York NY
Performed extensive work in document disclosure and assisted with internal investigations. At J.C. Penney, I also assisted with budget and general management issues.
5/73-9/85: Baritone, New York, NY
Performed numerous Oratorios, Church work and general performances, including: Musicals – Captain Big Jim Warrington (Little Mary Sunshine) & Samuel Chase (1776); Operettas – Ruder (Student Prince) & The Pirate King (Pirates of Penzance) and; Opera – Scarpia (Tosca), Escamillo (Carmen) & Bartolo (Le Nozze Di Figaro & Il Barbieri di Seviglia).
ABA – TIPS “A Day at Lloyds” February 5, 2013 – ADR applications available in U.S. in disputes with Lloyds.
Huck, P. (2008) What Does it Take to Settle a Case in Controversy? A Psychological, Legal and Economic Journey. Masters’ Thesis, Walden University, Dr. Raymond London advisor.
Huck, P. (1992). Louisiana, New Hampshire & New York Chapters. Misrepresentation in Application (Palmunen, A.A., ed). Law Committee, International Claim Association.
Additional Training and Memberships
ICC Institute Masterclass for Arbitrators – NYC Feb. 22-24, 2016.
Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators having taken its accelerated route to Fellowship course in 2012. Active in the New York Branch. Attended 2013 annual conference in George Town Penang, Malaysia.
The New York City Bar: Member Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (current & 2010-13) various mediation and arbitration training. Coached mediation role-plays for NYCBar’s Basic Mediation training (2013-17).
Section of Dispute Resolution: Member and have attended six annual meetings which included over 75 hours of ADR sessions. Also attended the Section’s 7th Annual Advance Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute.
Judge VIS East (Hong Kong) 4 times (even participated in training the arbitrators in 2017), Fordham & NYU VIS pre-moots, FINRA/St. Johns investment triathlon and, other competitions, both mediation and arbitration.