Having over 12 years of experience, my key areas of expertise include civil, real estate, property and corporate litigation. Extensive practice experience at Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, Tribunals. I have been into litigating practice before all Forums ranging from District Courts, Tribunals (including TDSAT, NGT, NCLT, CAT, NCDRC, etc.,) High Courts and Supreme Court, as also drafting Legal Notices, petitions, contracts of various types etc.
- Partner, Independent Practice Jan 2015 – till present
- Senior Associate at Chamber of Mr. Parag Tripathi Oct 2008 – Dec 2014 (Senior Advocate & Former Additional Solicitor General)
- Associate, Vaish Associates Aug 2006 – Dec2007
- Advocate, District Court Jul 2005 – Jul 2006
Civil, Corporate & Commercial Matters:
- Appeared and argued various Arbitrations between Corporates and Public-Sector Undertakings. Assisted Senior Advocate in an International Commercial Arbitration between the Hiranandani family.
- Drafted, appeared and argued challenge to Arbitral Awards under Section 34 (Arbitration Act, 1996) petitions before the High Courts and District Courts.
- Appeared and assisted Senior Counsels in Commercial Matters, Competition Law, matters relating to Airport Authority Act, matter relating to environment before the National Green Tribunal, Contractual disputes, disputes under the Electricity Act, Intellectual Property Rights cases, Arbitrations (both Domestic and International), Property, Education, Real Estate matters etc. in Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, Bombay High Court (Harshad Mehta Scam Matter), Gauhati High Court, Cochin High Court.
- Appeared for the Underwriter in matters before the Supreme Court, appeared and argued insurance matters before the State Commission and the NCDRC
- Appeared and conducted matters for and against Builders and Developers before the District, State and National Commission, Civil Courts and arbitrations mainly focusing on delayed possession and construction of residential complex. In addition, matters pertaining to refund of earnest money and investments made by buyers / Investors in Development Projects before Consumers Forums, Company Law Board and High Court.
- Assisted Real Estate Companies in drafting Joint Development Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Tender documents, Vendor Agreements etc.
- Panel counsel for the Union of India before the Supreme Court of India till 20.04.2013. Drafted Special Leave Petition, Counter Affidavits, briefed Senior Counsels and appeared for the Union of India before Supreme Court of India.
- Conducted proceedings at all stages for Suits, Writ Petitions, Consumer Complaints, Insurance laws, Debt Recovery cases.
- Opinions on various subjects including Weights and Measures Act, Consumer Protection Act, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Food Safety Act, Monopolies Restrictive Trade Practices Act, Competition Act, Arbitration and Conciliation Act and participated in legal due diligence.
Intellectual Property Right & Information Technology / Data Protection
- Assisted and conducted proceedings before the High Court of Delhi, District Courts of Delhi & other States, Registrar of Trade Marks, New Delhi,
- Argued before the High Court of Delhi, District Courts of Delhi and Chandigarh and secured favorable Orders. [Reported matter in Patent Trade Mark Cases Journal 2007 (35) PTC 257 (Del.) and Manupatra Intellectual Property Rights Reporter MIPR 2007 (2) 257].
- Drafted Pleadings, Applications, Writs, Patent Applications, Trade Mark, Copyright and Design Registration Applications, Legal Notices and Conveyance Deeds
Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act
- Honorary member on Internal Complaints Committee at a leading MNC in food retail business.
- Honorary member on the Internal Complaints Committee of a leading MNC in clothing business.
- Handled cases related to sexual harassment at workplace / Advised organization on responding to complaints on sexual harassment
- Conducted investigations as an ICC Member and workshops for employees / Members