ADJUDICATION OF CONTRACTUAL DISPUTES: ARBITRATION & CONCILLIATION MECHANISM
A dynamic professional with over 4 decades of experience in site execution, and Mega Project/Programme management. Possesses rich experience in arbitration, conciliation and dispute resolution mechanisms. Have been executing and spearheading projects involving method engineering, development, contract administration & resource planning and have a flair for adopting modern methodologies in compliance to quality standards. Deft at managing contracts. Possesses excellent communication & interpersonal skills with strong analytical, team building, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Strategic Planning & Management
- Programme Management
- Contract Management
- Vendor Management
- Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration & Conciliation
SELF ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMS
- Advance Course in Management from All India Management Association.
- Internal Auditor Training Course from Bureau of Indian Standards.
- Advance Certificate Course in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution in Contracts.
- Independent Directors Course at MDI Gurgaon
- Workshop on Dispute Boards org by World Bank/ Indian Council of Arbitration.
TECHNICAL PAPERS PUBLISHED
- A number of papers published in the field of resource/ project and programme management.
- Managing overall operations for executing projects within cost & time norms; participating in project review meetings for evaluating project progress & de-bottlenecking.
- Formulating operating budgets.
- Preparing & floating of tenders to contractors/sub contractors, evaluation of offers, techno-commercial discussion & finalization of contracts in view of project schedule.
- Settling of all techno-commercial disputes / clarifications during execution of projects.
- Deploying review systems to manage execution as per effective techno-economic feasibility.
- Material Planning & developing vendors for obtaining timely procurement of materials & equipments at cost effective prices to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Ensuring suitable deployment & timely availability of manpower (designers & engineers).
- Anchoring on-site construction and subsequent maintenance activities to ensure profitable completion and operation of project.
- Designing and implementing stringent systems and quality plans / manuals to ensure high quality standards during all the stages of project from concept to completion and subsequent operation and maintenance of projects in all including PPP scenarios.
- Liaisioning with Stake Holders including Lenders for determining technical specifications, approvals and obtaining statutory clearances.
- Acquisition of land for the projects.
KEY ASSIGNMENTS HANDLED DURING LAST 40 YEARS
Sept 17- Till Date : Arbitration & Concilliation of Contractual Disputes.
Sept 09- Till Aug 2017 : Principal Engr/Senior Vice President in Private Sector Ltd Companies engaged in Programme Management on a Mega Scale.
- Jun 07 – Aug’09 – Additional Director General ( Works & Technical Examination Corps of Engrs Army)
Presiding over Price Negotiating Committees for acquisition of equipment out of Capital Budget
- Formulation and laying down of Policy Guidelines in consultation with Ministry and Central Vigilance Commission for the Quality Assurance of all the Works.
- Conduct Technical Quality Audit of all works services to bringing about improvements in design specifications and delivery of the end product in infrastructure as per the latest technological advancement.
- Networking and coordination with all Engg Organisations of the country for above works
- Sanction & monitoring of Capital Works to the tune of Rs 3000 Crores annually.
Jul’03 – Jun’07 – Chief Engineer Border Roads Organisation
- Planned and executed runway resurfacing and other infrastructure works with new materials.
- Close liaison and coordination with Ministry of Roads , Surface Transport and Highways and other authorities for various approvals and clearances for infrastructure Projects.
May’95-Jun’03 – Chief Engineer Assam Rifles and Border Roads Organisation
- Planning and execution of infrastructure works costing approx Rs 300 Crores
- Planning & supervision of the prestigious Projects in Bhutan
Apr’93-Apr’95 – Dy. Chief Engineer, DRDO
- Planning and handling the acquisition of land and execution of important time bound civil work building projects of National importance costing approximately Rs 800 Crores at various locations
May’90-Mar’93 – Garrison Engineer/Executive Engineer, Projects, Sriganganagar
- Specially selected for integrated planning and execution of turnkey projects including civil works and M&E services in the newly developed cantonment at Sriganganagar.
Commenced career from Dec 75 – Apr 90 and held important Civil Engg assignments to include instructor (Asst Prof) in Engg.
- Member Six Technical Committees of Indian Roads Congress and credited with publication of large number of codes of practice in the field in Highway sector.
- Fellow of the Indian Institute of Technical Arbitrators
- Adjudicated as Sole Arbitrator/Member Arbitral Tribunal in over 65 Cases of disputes in various Projects and was Respondent / Claimant in over 135 number of cases.
- Appointed as Presiding Arbitrator heading an Arbitration Tribunal in a case of contractuals dispute.
- Appointed Sole Arbitrator in a contractual dispute by MGO’s Branch AHQ
- Appointed as Chairman DAB for a Contract in Kota by NHAI & BSRDC Patna
- Appointed Member in an Arbitration Tribunal of EPI Vs IRVNL
- Appointed Sole Arbitrator in a case of disputes by EPI
- Meritoriously bagged the Best Efficiency Shield in BRO as Cdr. Border Road Task Force for 3 consecutive years from 1995 to 1998 by Defence Minister / Defence Secretary. This is record achievement in BRO till date.