Mahesh Sharma is a practicing lawyer since 1990. He has vast experience in dealing with matters related to contracts, arbitration, banking laws including matters under SARFAESAI Act, 2002, Transfer of Properties, mortgages, leases, Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax matters, Power and Energy including Open Access, matters pertaining to labor cases including Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, strikes, settlements, Bankruptcy and Insolvency laws, sick industries cases, educational matters and matters pertaining to civil laws. Mahesh Sharma represents numerous large scale multinational and Indian industries in automobile sector, cement, fertilizer sector, chemical sector, sugar sector, textiles etc. Apart from industries, he also represent Educational Institutions of International repute including IIT’s and hospitals etc.”
FORUMS OF PRACTICE
- Arbitral Tribunals
- Rajasthan High Court both at Principal Seat at Jodhpur and Bench at Jaipur
- Civil Courts
- Debts Recovery Tribunal at Jaipur & Appellate Tribunal at New Delhi
- Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission at Jaipur
- Labor Courts, Industrial Tribunals, Central Government Industrial Tribunal cum Labor Court
- Adjudication and Appellate cases of Central Excise and Service Tax and other Taxation matters, Central Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal etc.
AREAS OF PRACTISE
- Arbitrations: Participation in Arbitrations including Commercial Contracts, Building Contracts, Power Purchase Contracts, Settlements and Conciliations etc.
- Property matters, mortgages, successions, pledges, sale and agreements to sale, partnerships, commercial and mercantile laws etc.
- Debts and Securitization, banking matters, loan recovery, attachments and auctions etc.
- Insolvency and bankruptcy matters, commercial court matters etc.
- Matters pertaining to Indirect Taxations, Central Excise, Service Tax and Customs etc.
- Cases under the Industrial Laws particularly pertaining to Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, settlements, retrenchments, closure, strikes and lock out, industrial unrest etc.
- Pollution Matters under Pollution Control Laws
- Mining Cases
Contracts – Drafting and Interpretations, banking and commercial laws, insolvency and bankruptcy, benami transactions etc.
Multinational Companies and Indian Companies from Heavy and Large Industry Sector like Bosch Ltd., National Engineering Industries Ltd., DCM Sriram Ltd. (All Divisions like Cement, Fertilizer, Sugar etc.), Shree Rajasthan Syntex Limited, Wires & Fabriks (S.A.) Limited etc.
Educational Institutes of International Repute like Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee (IIT – R), Birla Institute of Technology – Mesra, Ranchi (BIT Mesra), Birla Institute of Scientific Research (BISR), Rukmani Birla Modern High School, Jaipur. Also represented GATE – 2015 whose Conducting Institute was Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur (IIT – K).
Hospitals of National Repute Like Rukmani Birla Hospital and Research Centre, Jaipur etc.
Trusts like B.M. Birla Astronomical Trust, B.M. Birla Auditorium, Nathdwara Shrine (Temple) Board and numerous private Trusts.
Government Bodies like Rajasthan Housing Board, Avas Vikas Sansthan Liquidation Committee etc.
Executive Board Member of Rajasthan Employers Association.
Governing Council Member of Vedanta Foundation at Vedanta P.G. Girls College, Ringus.
Vice Chairman – Legal Aid Forum of Rotary Club District 3052
Member – Indo European Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Represented many land mark cases where law was settled and decided.
Dealt with strikes and lock outs, violent closure of work in factories and emerged successful in breaking the strikes and lifting the lock outs.
Perhaps only lawyer in Rajasthan to have invoked the provisions of Section 10 K of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 to prohibit the strikes in Factories called upon by the Labor Unions and the workmen.
FRAMED the Heritage – Preservation and Conservation Bill, 2010 for the Government of Rajasthan in the year 2010 to be Tabled in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly for converting it into Act.
Worked and contributed extensively for the conservation and preservation of Heritage in Rajasthan including Forts, archaeological excavations and surveys with aid of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage and UNESCO.