Mr. Lalit Ambastha is an IP Attorney with more than 13 years of experience in the field of Intellectual Property. Lalit is empanelled as speaker and faculty with Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, for IP Awareness Programmes organized by the Ministry. He is also empanelled as IP Consultant with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
Lalit has rich experience in IP Prosecution, Research, Management, Reporting, Analysis and Consulting. He has been dealing with patents across all major fields of invention for Indian and Overseas Clients. He has serviced applicants like the leading innovation developers across the Board with a specialized focus on General Utility, Chemical, Medical, Immunological, Biochemical, Herbal, Agriculture, Biotechnological, Pharmaceuticals, Mechanicals, IT and Electronics patents on novel products and processes.
Post gaining learning experience during his association with leading IP Law firms, Lalit founded Patentwire, a Patent and Technology Consulting firm, in 2008. Lalit holds Post Graduate Degree in Science and has LL.B. Degree. His strong commitment towards high quality services and his team building capabilities enabled firm establishment of Patentwire in the core area of high end patent and technology services.
In addition, Lalit is a Guest Faculty at IITs, Jamia Hamdard, NIESBUD, NIFT, ICSI and NIIPM and a regular speaker at various conferences organized by Public and Private Institutions.
- Founder, Patentwire | IPR Attorneys [www.patentwire.co.in]
- Co-Founder, IPBazzaar Technology Consultants Pvt. Ltd. [www.ipbazzaar.com]
- Co-Founder, InkPat, a prototyping division of Patentwire [www.inkpat.co.in]
Intellectual Property Advisory, Patent Drafting and Prosecution, Opposition, Prior Art Search, Freedom-to-operate, Technology Transfer Agreement, IP Valuation, IP Due Diligence, IP Audit, Commercialization, Trademark and Design Prosecution.
- Advanced Course on Basics of Patent Drafting, WIPO DL320 in 2009
- Advanced Course on Biotechnology and Intellectual Property, WIPO DL-204E in 2008
- Rainbow LPO Training Programme from Rainmaker in 2008
- Online Paralegal Certificate of Westlaw Proficiency
- General Course on Intellectual Property, WIPO DL-101 in 2007
- PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights, FICCI, New Delhi in Jan 2005
- GATE Qualified
- Research Training, AIIMS, New Delhi in 2005
- One year Diploma in Embedded Web Technology, in 2002
- Oil & Well drilling Equipment Manufacturers;
- Currency and Hologram Manufacturers;
- E-waste Recycling & Management;
- Auto Components Manufacturer;
- Financial Technology Developer;
- Universities & Research Institutes;
- Core Steel Manufacturer;
- Rail Equipment Manufacturer;
- Telecom Equipment Manufacturer;
- Agriculture Equipment Manufacturer;
- Medical Device Manufacturer;
- Pollution Monitoring Device Manufacturer; and
- Various Individual Inventors and SMEs.
Indicative List of Projects Handled
- Patent Drafting & Prosecution Drafted and prosecuted more than 600 patent applications covering broad range of technical fields.
- Technology Transfer and Legal Agreement Drafted various technology transfer agreements for Indian and Overseas market and assisted in their customization and commercialization.
- Technology Search and Integration Conducted and reported more than 150 Technology search reports and opined on their integration within the organization.
- Cluster Study and IP Audits Conducted various cluster study and IP audits on behalf of Client’s requirements.
- Policy Matters Suggested and highlighted various grass root problems of SMEs on various Government Policies associated with Intellectual Property and SMEs.
- Freedom-to-Operate Search and Analysis Conducted exhaustive freedom-to-operate search, analysis of the search results and drafted the report on various technical field. Conducted various claim analysis of biological and chemical patents.
- Infringement Analysis and Validity Opinion Conducted exhaustive Infringement Analysis search and opined on various patent and technology validity opinions.
- Patent Litigation Support Drafted various suits for patent, design and trademark litigations and presented before the Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
- Patent Opposition Matter Drafted and prosecuted the various pre-grant patent oppositions before Indian Patent Offices for Indian Clients.
- Design & Trademark Matters Successfully prosecuted more than 150 design applications and more than 500 trademark applications at various Design and Trademark Offices, India
- Overseas Collaborations Managing and consulting with more than 65 foreign law firms in different jurisdictions for IP filings, prosecution and commercialization.
- Government of India Project Empanelled IP Consultant with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India for Prime Minister YUVA scheme.
- Presented more than 90 lectures on IP issues at various Industry Association, Universities, Colleges and Government Institutions
- Regular speaker on MSME, Govt. of India, panel
- Guest Faculty at Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Guest Faculty at NIESBUD, MSME, Govt. of India
- Guest Faculty at Rajiv Gandhi NIIPM, Nagpur, DIPP, Govt. of India
- Guest Faculty at IIFT, New Delhi
- IP Trainer with various Indian companies and institutions