1998- present. Sole Director
Unilegal Consulting Pty. Ltd. (ACN: 059 697 675; ABN: 86 059 697 675).
Aim: to provides dispute resolution and consulting services in relational matters. Responsibilities include: assist managers to resolve local workplace grievances in a confidential, fair, objective and timely manner; assist executive leadership in the implementation of remedial action and decision making; negotiating and mediating financial matters including loans, leases and purchases; and all manner of Family Dispute Resolution as an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP).
1993- present. Barrister
Demonstrated excellence in negotiation and advocacy skills; General Practice includes briefs in Industrial Law, Family Law, Equity, Local Court matters, personal injury, commercial law, criminal law but specialise in migration matters and immigration law (Migration Agent No: 000 1454.)
1993 – present. Mediator
Skills include: demonstrated outstanding ability in Mediation and Dispute Resolution; vast experience in lecturing, training and assessment of mediators. General Practice includes a total of over 2000 hours of Mediation in the following areas:
Industrial relations, workplace grievance, building and construction, commercial and corporate, family dispute resolution (FDRP), family provision, de facto provisions, farm debt, migration law, and workers’ compensation law.
Nationally Accredited Mediator With:
- Supreme and District Court; Land and Environment Court of NSW,
- Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA),
- NSW Rural Assistance Authority,
- Workers Compensation Commission
- The Resolution Institute GRADE 3 Arbitrator; advanced mediator.
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA)
- ADRA (President: 2006, 2007; Vice President 2008-2012 inclusive; President 2013-2017 inclusive.)
- Legal Aid NSW Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP)
- Office of the Franchise Mediation Advisor (OFMA).
- Native Title Tribunal
- NSW Family Law Settlement Service (FLSS) Federal Court Circuit
- NSW Justice Department (Guardian Ad Litem).
Internationally Accredited Mediator With
IMI (International Mediation Institute)
Papua New Guinea Supreme Court (PNG)
APPROVED EDUCATOR AND TRAINER
A. Lecturer/Tutor in Law – appointments at UTS, Macquarie University, UWS, College of Law (St.Leonards), and Insearch (Business section of UTS for international students).
1. Co-ordination, Curriculum development, presentation and assessment for:
- postgraduate courses in:, Psychology and Dispute Resolution, Industrial Dispute Resolution, Dispute Resolution, Psychology and Dispute Resolution all of which contained strong elements of resolving Workplace Grievance Disputes.
- Teaching Undergraduate courses to Law and Non-Law students in: Constitutional Law, Property Law, Business Administration, Dispute Resolution and Civil Procedure, Mediation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Introduction to Law and Practise etc.
- I have supervised students in the Professional Practice of Law at UWS and at College of Law.
C. Approved Supervisor for AHPRA psychologists for accreditation with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and for registration.
D. Approved provider for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training of psychologists with the Australian Psychological Society (APS) College of Organisational Psychologists, College of Community Psychologists and College of Counselling Psychologists.
E. Trainer of Postgraduate students for accreditation as Mediators (NSW Law Society, UTS, Macquarie University, Unifam).
F. Mediation Coach/Assessor with Australian Dispute Centre (ADC).
G. Guest speaker in the School of Law, Psychology and Business Administration in various universities on topics such as “Using Mediation to resolve workplace grievance disputes”.
CONSULTANT ORGANISATIONAL AND COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGIST
Current contracts include briefs to resolve workplace grievance disputes and to diagnose organisational problems in both public institutions and private corporations. Change management skills, ability to effectively initiate change and provide a positive working environment. Provide senior executives with an improved level of competencies.
Organisational contracts include Mediation of Workplace Disputes, provision of employee assistance counselling; post retrenchment vocational counselling; critical incident debriefing; designing the implementation of individual programs for clients from private corporations and from the public sector.
Counselling includes contracts to provide counselling services to clients of International Psychological Services (IPS), and to the Victims Compensation Tribunal.
Counselling includes expertise with children’s matters having worked as an educational psychologist and school counsellor with the Department of Education and Training from 1973 – 2010.
COMMUNITY INTERESTS AND PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS:
- Founding Co-ordinator of Pave Peace (PAVE) since June 1996. An Interest Group of Professionals meeting monthly in NSW Parliament House to enhance Peace; Law based seminars attract CPD points from the NSW Bar Association as do Dispute resolution seminars. Many seminars about resolving workplace grievance disputes have been conducted.
- Foundation and Core Group Member of Mediation Practice Network – a professional skills training group for accredited Mediators since its inception in 2009 to present.
- Co- Founder and Co-ordinator of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) Interest Group Dispute Resolution and Psychology from its foundation (2009) to present.
- Co-Founder and Executive Member of the Steering Committee for the IFDR (Industry Forum for Dispute Resolution) – an access point for Government consultation.
- Vice President of the Australian New Zealand Association of Psychiatry. Psychology and Law (ANZAPPL) from 2007 to present; Treasurer- 2010, 2011.
- Executive Member of the NSW Women Barrister’s Forum from 2007 to present
- Executive Member of NSW Australian Psychological Society (APS) College of Counselling Psychologists; served on Executive Committee from October 2005 –present
- Member of NSW Australian Psychological Society (APS) College of Community Psychologists, and College of Organisational Psychologists.
- Member of International Commission of Jurists – from 2000 – present.
- Justice of the Peace since about 1980 to present.
- Workers’ Compensation Commission; Appointed as Mediator /Arbitrator in April 2002 for 3 year period; re-appointed as Arbitrator in April 2005 -2007. Maintained appointment as Mediator from 2002- present.
- Guardian Ad Litem with the NSW Justice Department from 2015 to present.
- Department of Fair Trading Strata Title and Mediation Units from 1999 until 2006.
- Member of NSW Bar Association Mediation Subcommittee from 2000 – Jan 2007.
- Executive Member of LEADR National Executive Board from January 2002 – January 2003; then served on LEADR
- NSW Executive Board from January 2003 – January 2006.
- Member of Constitutional Committee for founding the Mediator Standards Board in 2008-2010.
- Member of Organising Committee for National Mediation Conference held 11, 12, 13 September, 2012.
- Co-convener of ANZAPPL International Conference November 2014
- Convener of Dispute Resolution and Psychology Interest Group International Conference in November 2014.
- Tribunal Member of NSW Psychologists Registration Board (from 1999 until 2015).
- Chair, Organising Committee of ADRA Anniversary Conference 2006 (20th Anniversary); and ADRA 30th Anniversary 2016.
- Member Mediator Standards Board Complaints Handling Group from 2008-2010
- Convenor for Industry Standards Forum as ADRA President in 2006-2008 for devising complaints handling template adopted by Mediator Standards Board in September 2008-2010.
- Executive member of Sydney Branch of Australian Psychological Society from November 2006 to December 2014