(Note: I have had a brilliant academic record in so much so that I was awarded silver & gold medals and other prizes both in LL.B & LL.M for standing 1st /2nd position in the overall merit)
- More than 30 years’ experience in the legal profession including experience of about 21 years as an adjudicator in various courts as per detailing given in the bullet points herein below. As an adjudicator I must have decided several thousand cases of various nature i.e. civil, criminal, matrimonial, constitutional, arbitration, taxation, service, commercial disputes, property disputes, succession and inheritance matters etc. Possess in-depth knowledge and analytical skills to appreciate the facts and the principles of law applicable for resolution of dispute on case to case basis.
- Practiced as anAdvocate inCivil and Criminal Law both on original and appellate side in the Supreme Court of India & Delhi High Court from1980 -1991.
- Remained Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India during the period from 1984 -1991.
- Worked as a Part Time Lecturer-in- Law in Law Faculty, Delhi University from 1986 to 1991 and taught various subjects in Law to under graduate Law Students during the said period.
- Appointed from the BAR as a member of Delhi Higher Judicial Service in 1991 and ever since then till elevation as a Judge of the Delhi High Court worked in various positions including Additional District & Sessions Judge, Delhi from 30.11.91 to19.12.2000 & again from 19.09.2000 till 13.10.2005.
- Remained on deputation as aPresiding Officer, Debt RecoveryTribunal, New Delhi from 20.12.2000to 18.09.2002.
- Remained Registrar General, Delhi High Court from 14.10.2005 to27.02.2006.
- Elevated as a Judge, Delhi High Court on 28.02.2006 and since then till 27.10.2010 worked in that position and thereafter as a Judge of M.P. High Court from 28.10.2010 to 24.08.2012
- In the course of my working as an adjudicator, substantial contribution was made by me to bring major legal, administrative&judicial reforms in Delhi (NCR) and M.P.
- Delivered landmark judgments especially in the area of commercial disputes, company matters, environment protection, intellectual property rights, constitutional matters, service matters, defence matters and arbitration cases.
- Designated Senior Advocate by the Supreme Court of India w.e.f. 03rd September 2013.
ARBITRATION, MEDIATION & ADR:
- Used ADR in several cases decided by me through court intervention settlements and mediation both in District Courts and also in the High Court.
- On the panel of Arbitrators of Delhi International Arbitration Centre; Indian Council of Arbitration; GAIL; Power Grid Corporation Limited, NTPC, NSE/BSE, SCOPE Forum for Arbitration & Conciliation and Airport Authority of India etc.
- Presently handling more than twenty high stake Institutional and ad-hoc domestic arbitrations as Sole Arbitrator/Panel Arbitrator, including but not limited to disputes involving more than 2000 million of Indian Rupees in a single arbitration, and have successfully completed more than twenty arbitrations relating to commercial and property dispute in which final awards have already been announced in a time bound manner.
AFFILIATIONS, ASSOCIATION & SIGNIFICANT POSITIONSHELD:
- Life Member, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, India.
- Life Member, Indian Institute of Constitutional & Parliamentary Studies, New Delhi, India.
- Life Member, India Law Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Remained a member of the Governing Board of Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, India from 2008 to 2014.
- Appointed by the Govt. of India as one of the members of the Commission, Central Board, Conservation of Foreign Exchange & Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act (COFEPOSA) in the year 2007.
- Worked as one member Tribunal of “National Democratic Front of Boroland” constituted by the Government of India in 2008 under the provisions of the Prevention of Unlawful Activities Act.
- Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific Jurist Association, New Delhi.
- Worked as Chairman of‘All India Working Study Group’ constituted by the Government of India in 2001 for suggesting amendments in Recovery Due To Banks & Financial Institution Act, 1993. Report submitted by the Group to the Government in 2002.
- Appointed as Chairman/One Member Commission of Inquiry under the Commission of Inquiry Act appointed by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi to probe the CNG Fitness Scam, the mandate of which stands terminated under the orders of the Delhi Court of August 2016.
- Chairman of Wage Revision Committee appointed by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Convener of a three member Enquiry Committee appointed by the Governing Body of K.M. College, DU, for enquiring into the misconduct/financial irregularity alleged against the Former Principal and Bursar of the college.
PARTICIPATION IN DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES/SEMINARS
- Delivered a series of lectures from time to time on several legal topics to various stake holders involved in the administration of justice in India.
- ‘International Commercial Arbitration, Indian perspective’ by Asia Pacific Jurist Association at HONGKONG, 27th March 2013
- “Environment sustainability & Social Justice” by Asia Pacific Jurist Association at THAILAND, June 2012.
- “Independence of Judiciary” by International Association of Democratic Lawyers at Hanoi, Vietnam, June 6-10 2009.
- “Key Issues in International Commercial Arbitration” by Supreme Court of Mauritius, Ministry of Law & Asia Pacific Jurist Association, June 3 2008.
- “Endangered Environment & Humanity” at Delhi High Court Bar Council Auditorium, New Delhi, India November 5, 2007.
- “Environment-Awareness-Enforcement” by Asia Pacific Jurist Association, New Delhi, India. January 20-22 2006.
- “Safeguarding the Traditional Knowledge in India” in New Delhi, India. April 28 2008.
- “International Conference of Jurists on Rule of Law” at VigyanBhawan, New Delhi, India. November 24-25 2007.
- Participation as Chairman at the international seminar on ‘Institutional Arbitration and online Dispute Resolution Techniques’ organised by Construction Industry Arbitration Council at New Delhi on 31st January 2013