Justice Rajesh Tandon, Former Judge,
Uttarakhand High Court at Nanital
Former Chairperson, Cyber Appellate Tribunal,Govt. of India
Former Chairman, Admission and Fee Committee of Private Educational Institution, Uttarakhand
Former Vice- Chairman, Amity Institute of Cyber Law and Cyber Crime, Uttar Pradesh
Former Member, Human Rights Commission,Uttarakhand
Former Chairman, Uttarakhand State Law Commission
- Enrolled as an Advocate on 28.03.1968.
- Designated as Senior Advocate in the Full Court meeting held on 9.4.2000 by the Allahabad High Court.
- Appointed as Addl. Advocate General of Uttarakhand after bifurcation of State of P. for the State of Uttarakhand and State of U.P. on September 2002.
- Appointed as Judge of Uttarakhand High Court on 3rd July, 2003 by the President.
“During the period of judgeship of the High Court, I used to dispose off 40-50 cases per day regarding Service Matter.”
- Appointed as Chairperson of Cyber Appellate Tribunal by the President of India and took charge on 25.02.2009 at New Delhi.
- Vice Chairman of Amity Institute of Cyber Law and Cyber Crime, Amity University, Noida, U.P. w.e.f 1st July ,2011.
- Appointed as a chairman of Higher Technical Education of Uttarakhand on 23.11.2011
- On 3rd August 2012 took charge as a member Human Rights Commission, Uttarakhand having been appointed by his Excellency Governor of Uttarakhandon 30th July 2012.
- Continued as Member, Human Rights Commission upto 30th June, 2016.
- 1st July, 2016 joined Supreme Court Bar as Senior Advocate.
DIPLOMA IN CYER LAW
- Awarded Diploma in Cyber Law by Government of law College, Mumbai and Asian School of Cyber laws, Pune on 1st March, 2010.
- Awarded PG program in Cyber Law by AsianSchool of Cyber Law, Pune on 1stJuly, 2010.
- Honoured U.P. State Intellectuals’ Honour “U.P. Ratan” in the event of 28th Annual Celebration Year, 2009 held by All India Conference of Intellectuals on 13th September, 2009.
- Honoured “Vocation Award 2009 – 2010 by “Rotary International” held on 5th to 7th of Feb., 2010
- Awarded Phd. Degree from “The Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Mumbai on 01.02.2015”
- Awarded ‘Honourary Professor” by the Amity University, Uttar Pradesh on 06.08.2015.
- On Human rights issues.
- On Cyber Law under The Information Technology Act, 2000
- Environmental Law.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- Spiritual Law
- Rent Control Legislation.
- Right to food being fundamental right.
- Constitutional law.
- Civil Law.
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1987
- Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- Concerning Educational Institutions especially on Fee.
Conducting Arbitrations in the following cases referred by the various High Courts:
- Arbitration Case no. 50/2009, Between Gangotri Enterprise and FCI.
- Arbitration between M/s. Impex Metal & Ferro Alloys (Pvt.) Ltd, Kolkata and CFFP, BHEL, Ranipur, Haridwar, Uttarakhand-249403.
- NOIDA V/s HSCL (Delhi).
- Arbitration Petition No. 16/2010, Yukti Construction Pvt. Ltd. V/s Mrs. Asha Sharma & Another (Delhi)
- Arbitration Petition No. 17/2010, Yukti Construction Pvt. Ltd. V/s Mrs. Asha Sharma & Another (Delhi)
- P. Jal Nigam V/s Spick Engg. (Delhi).
- M/s Steel Strips Wheel Ltd. V/s Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd. (Delhi).
- Deepak Cables V/s. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. (I)
- Deepak Cables V/s. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.(II)
- Deepak Cables V/s. Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.(III)
- M/s Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL) Vs.M/s New Kola Industrial Development Authority (Noida)
- M/s. Naithani International Ltd.Vs. Oil &Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- M/s Sai Rama and M/s Megha Engineering Vs. ONGC.
- M/s. Anant Raj Industries Ltd. and Mr. Somesh Kumar Bishnoi
ARBITRATOR ON PANEL
- Appointed as Arbitrator in the“Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC)” on dated 17.02.2010.
- Appointed on panel at “Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation” on dated 10.01.2012. Circular No. 2011/IRCTC/CO/Legal/Apptt.Arbitrator.
- Appointed on panel at “Delhi HghCorut Arbitration Centre, New Delhi – 110003 on 12.01.2012
- Appointed Arbitrator and Conciliator of the “SCOPE” Forum of Conciliation and Arbitration (SFCA) letter issued by member secretary by SFCA Dated March 19th
- Appointed Arbitrator and Conciliator by National Arbitral Tribunal Jodhpur, Rajasthan on 12.05.2017.
- The Mediation and Conciliation Network (Initiated by: Lawrel/Winners Advisory Advocacy and Law Network Pvt. Ltd., A Not-for-Profit Company registered in India) (MCN), W – 122, II Floor, GreateerKailash Part – II, New Delhi – 110048 on 12.06.2017.
- Appointed Arbitrator and Conciliator by M/s. Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
HONORARY WORKS DURING HIS CARRIER IN OTHER FIELDS
- Twice awarded vocational excellence award by Rotary International, District 3120 and 3100, for services rendered to the society.
- In the field of Sports, I have been taking part in Golf tournaments and I am member of Governors Golf Club, Nainital.
- Elected Twice as Vice President of High Court Bar Association and Vice President of Uttarakhand Bar Association on creation of Uttarakhand (Now Uttarakhand) on 9th November, 2000.
- During the tenure as a High Court Judge, Nominated as Chairman of Mediation Centre, High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital.
- Chairman of Legal Service Committee of the High Court of Uttarakhand on 04.01.2008.
- Chairman of Advocates’ Chamber Allotment Committee, High Court of Uttarakhand, Nainital.
- Secretary, International Law Association.