PROFILE AND OVERALL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Rural Development Specialist in Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Development, with 38 years’ experience in Capacity Building and Institutional Development; Water Supply & Sanitation (WatSan); multi-sector Community Development; Rural Infrastructure; Trust Funds management; Funds Acquisition; Knowledge Management. Guided by the motto: “Think out of the box – Be out of the box” and “Pass on the baton to the next generation”. As team leader, project manager, coordinator, technical advisor, and consultant, I have: • developed and carried out programs and multi-sector projects in poverty reduction/poverty alleviation, following the project cycle, from conceptualizing, appraising and designing, to implementation, overall management and monitoring, (including program, project, office operations and financial management);
- written technical proposals for funds acquisition, among others, in WatSan, vocational education and training, rural infrastructure, livelihoods development, rural social development and urban development sectors;
- provided technical assistance in Knowledge Management for the Poverty and Water sectors;
- coordinated and administered trust funds and projects portfolio;
- developed and implemented capacity building and institutional development activities in policy development, strategizing, planning, monitoring and evaluation following PCM, LogFrame, Results Management principles;
- managed several rural community development and WatSan projects in Nepal, Philippines and South Sudan.
- As a people’s person, I promote and incorporate pro-poor, gender fair and ecologically balanced principles, guided by the concept of community driven development (CDD) processes and sustainability.
I was employed with
- Asian Development Bank (8 years);
- EU: Delegation of the European Commission in the Philippines (4 years);
- International and national NGOs, such as SNV-Netherlands Development Organization (7 years); Lutheran World Federation/World Service (5 year); Philippine Rural Reconstruction Movement (4 years), Alternative Farming Technologies, Inc. (1 year), and FreeKenya Foundation (1 year);
- With private consulting firms: Euroconsult/BMB Mott MacDonald (7 years), and Gauff Engineer GmbH (2 year). Worked in various ODA development programs and projects in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Kenya, Laos, Nepal, Netherlands, Philippines and South Sudan.