26 Years of Professional Experience
Construction, Infrastructure, Property / Real Estate Development, High-rise buildings, Fit-out Development.
Geography worked in:
India and the Middle East.
Accreditations/ Professional Memberships:
• IITA – Fellow of Indian Institute of Technical Arbitrators
• MRICS – Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, UK
• MASCE – Member of American Society of Civil Engineers, USA
• FACCE – Fellow & Life Member – Association of Consulting Civil Engineers, India
• LMICI – Life Member of Indian Concrete Institute
• LMINSTRUCT – Life Member & Vice-chairman of INSTRUCT
• MIE – Member of Institution of Engineers – Incorporated under the Royal Charter
• MILCE – Member of Institute for Lean Construction Excellence
• MISHRAE – Member of ISHRAE – Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
• Member – IIMB- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore Alumni
• Member – TMI (Toast Masters International)
• CERTIFIED COUNSELLOR – for RICS APC (Assessment of Professional Competence) – Certified Counsellor having successfully accomplished the Virtual Counsellor Training Module.
• PMP-PMI course: Advanced Project Management (based on PMBOK of PMI, USA)
• CCS (Construction Computer Software)-CANDY suite
• CPD – Topics related to Contracts, Commercial and Project Management
• ISO 22301-2012 Business Continuity Management System – LEAD IMPLEMENTER
Professional Skill Sets:
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL SKILL-SETS
• Complete End-to-end Construction Management, Project Management, Strategic Management in Construction
• Dispute Mitigation & Resolution, Contract/Commercial Management, Techno-legal advisory, Arbitration, Vendor-management
• Professional skills at C-level (CEO etc.), Corporate operations, Corporate Mentoring, Audit, Training, Systems & Quality improvement and Business Development
• Statutory compliances (example: Labour law compliance, Company registration etc.)
• Business process evaluation from Legal perspective
• Individual Project Evaluation from Legal perspective
• Statutory Clearances & compliances
• Stake-holders’ conflict resolution, Legal-issue Mitigation, Arbitration Proceedings
• Specific review and management of Legal Documentation viz., Petition, Caveat, Agreement, Memo, Variation, Deed writing etc.
• Identify, Evaluate & Appoint external Legal Counsel Team; Close interaction & coordination to monitor various Adjudications & Litigations at different Forums / Courts.
• Have successfully managed ‘Out-of-court’ settlements through Reconciliation / Negotiation involving substantial amounts in a swift & efficient manner.
• Authorised representative of the Corporate Board & designated ‘Single point of contact’ with Executive Powers to directly interface with Top Legal Law firms, Senior Counsels, Arbitrators, Retired Judges and represent the Corporate in the Court of Law/ Tribunal/ DAB / DRB.
• Hands-on experience: Concept to Completion viz., Concept, Architecture Planning Coordination, Statutory Approvals, Procurement, On-site Planning & Execution (Shell & Core), Finishes, Interior-Fitouts, Mechanical (MEP), Electrical, ACMV, Fire Detection & protection, PA system, IT-Infrastructure (includes LAN, Data Centres, Large Engineering Labs), Lighting, Access Control, CCTV, Captive Power Generation & Distribution, Electrical Sub-stations, High-side & Low-side Equipment Installations such as Chillers (200TR x multiple units), Generators (2,000kW x multiple units), UPS, AHU etc., Sewage Treatment Plant / ETP, complete Water distribution system for Commercial & Residential Projects, Vertical Transportation, Large Interior fit-out development (ID) for Corporates, Villas etc.
Types of Projects handled:
• Office Complexes, Commercial Buildings, Apartment Complexes, Gated Communities, Infrastructure, Interior-fitout development, Innovation/R&D facilities, Super-Luxury Hill City Project spread across >10,000Acres (First planned Hill City in the World).
• Handled in Lead Position: Construction projects viz., High-rise Buildings, Corporate Office Complexes, Plotted Developments, Villas, Luxury-Chalets, Large Land Developments, Software Technology Parks, Special Economic Zones, Campuses, Complex-Fast-track Fit-out Development, Innovation Centres/R&D Labs, Group Housing Projects, Recreation & Health Care Amenities and Support Infrastructure etc.
• Pre-Engineered Buildings, Timber Structures
• Hospitality & Health care projects, 5-Star Hotel/ Restaurants, large Food Courts made of Tensile Fabric Structures
• Infrastructure viz., Roads & Airport Runways, Grade separators
• Large land development
• Support Infrastructure viz., Roads, Culverts, Traffic Furniture, Civil Amenities etc.
• Services viz Electrical Installation (Electricity Generator, Panels, Transformer, Transmission & Distribution, UPS), PHE, ACMV, IBMS, FAPA, Pink/White noise reduction etc.
• Vertical Transportation, Guidance Systems, Access Control
• Security Systems, Fit-out Development in IT, IT-SEZ, Factory buildings/complexes
• Machine Foundations
• Treatment plants, Recreation infra such as Pools etc.
• Fit-out development of Large IT Facilities, R&D Centre and Special Economic Zones etc.
Contracts & Commercial:
• Contract Formulation as per FIDIC, Bespoke & Local norms
• Contract Administration, Contract Risk Analysis-Management-Transfer
• Management of Stake holders such as a Client, Consultant, Main Contractor, Sub-contractor, Service Provider.
• Lead in CAP (Conflict Avoidance Panel), Dispute mitigation, Dispute resolution, Claims Management
• Ethics & Integrity assurance and monitoring
• Arbitration – manage complete Arbitration process in Lead position
• Complete Management of Legal petitions and Court cases involving large Claims; handled cases in Lower Courts and higher Courts including the Apex Court (Supreme Court). Build robust corporate strategy for legal issues.
• Pre-qualification (PQ) process Upstream (i.e. Clients) and Downstream (i.e. Sub-contractors, Vendors etc.)
• Manage Tender process and Tender appraisal
• Draft letters / correspondences ensuring contractual, legal, commercial, technical and corporate standard compliances to ensure an effective, un-ambiguous clear communication.
• Support, Manage & Monitor multiple Projects simultaneously from Commercial & Contracts perspective; ensure contractual compliances such as Bonds, Guarantees etc.
• Advice and appraise Top Management on matters related to Contracts and general Corporate Management.
• Vendor management, development & evaluation
• Negotiate & award Purchase Orders/ LPO, Service Order, AMC etc.
• Formulation of Terms & Conditions for procurement
• Procurement Cost optimisation, Systemise PO to Payment process
• Taxation & statutory compliance monitoring & management
• Vendor performance appraisal
• Ensure absolute compliance to Corporate Integrity & Transparency Policy; Ensure fair, just and practical solutions to issues related to Procurement.
• Inventory management; JIT (Just-in-time) approach.
SBU (Strategic Business Unit) Management:
• Lead Business Enterprise in Top Management Position like CEO, Director, Head-SBU (Strategic Business Unit)/ Profit Centre
• Complete end-to-end Business Operation Management based on concept of BCP (Business Continuity Planning), Sustainability, Revenue generation, Optimised Cash Flow, Profitability, Optimal Resource Utilisation, Integrity, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), New-Technology application viz., ERP & MIS, Statutory Compliance & Strategic Decision Making
• Ensure consistent Top and Bottom Line growth
• Formulate contingency plans and quick pro-active strategies for Business Risk Mitigation at the Corporate Level
• Monitor, Manage & Motivate Corporate teams such as Operations, Legal, Engineering, Architecture, Business Development, Finance, Audit, Contracts & Procurement, Marketing & Sales, Public Relations & Corporate Communications so as to enhance their efficiency to realise Corporate Vision, Mission & Goals
• Enhance Corporate Brand; increase value to Stake holders
• Build and sustain good relationship with statutory authorities, Government organisations, private sector entities, vendors, peers etc.
• Lead Business Development initiatives; identify new / emerging Business opportunities, closely watch competition & emerging customer requirements, identify profitable ventures
• Build assets, land evaluation & aggregation etc.
( The above skills elaborated under respective heads herein)
HR (Human Resource) Management:
• HR Policy & systems formulation and implementation including Organisation Chart at Corporate and Project Level
• Recruitment, Induction, On-the-Job Training, Skill Enhancement
• Formulation of Job description, KPI / KPA; Conduct annual 360 degree appraisal; undertake best-fitment exercise bi-annually
• Human Resource Management, Talent identification & retention, Compensation & Benefits. Building 2nd-line leaders & Department Heads. Have contingency plan ready for swift replacement of critical resources
• Ensure “Work-place-delight” ambience, encourage a good work-life balance. Eradicate job-insecurity feelings amongst Employees through “Own-your-job” concept.
Finance, Cost Management:
• Planning & Budgeting; Finance Policy Planning & Implementation
• Project Finance, Valuation; Co-ordinate with Finance Institution / Banks for Debt-financing, Cash Flow Management, Finance Mgt. at Operation Level; Cost Control, Audit, Optimisation Techniques
• Profitability & Risk analysis of Project performance i.e., Cost Vs. Profit
• Project Receivables, Client Invoicing, Vendor / Contractor Payments; ensure recovery of outstanding dues from Clients
Systems, Processes, IT-ERP:
• ISO:9001 Task Force Member, System formulation, implementation & Audit (includes 4-level documentation)
• ERP conceptualisation, Design & Implementation, Coding, Real-time implementation for the entire Corporate process/ Work-flow
• Ensure Operational efficiency, accountability, measurability & simplicity of targets Vs achievements for each Departments/ Team.
Business Development, Corporate Governance:
• Business Continuity; Business Risk forecast & Risk management
• Diversifications; Formation of Joint Ventures;
• Stake Holder Value Enhancement, Profitability Analysis
• Competitive Advantage, growth through new Business integration
• Brand Enhancement
• Good Corporate Governance – Accountability, Transparency, Integrity
Marketing & Sales
• Market Survey, Market Research, High & Best Use Studies
• Brand Building & Brand Management, Advertising, ‘Road-shows’, POS (Point-of-sale) Management
• Identify & define Target Customer; build Customer loyalty; establish Customer Delight Centres & after Sales Service
• Marketing, Sales, Competition watch, alliance Management
• Maintain Customer Data-base & continuously update the same
CSR/ISR (Corporate / Individual Social responsibility) initiatives
• Providing Infrastructure/ shelter to the home-less
• School upgradation project
• Financial support to Economically Weaker Section of Society
• Core Team-member of Anti-corruption movement across India.
Industry – Academia Engagements
• Skill-upgradation to key resource to ensure competitive advantage of Corporate.
• Mentoring & Lecturing at IIQS-Qatar, INSTRUCT-India etc., for skill-enhancement programs & accreditation to various professional bodies, for practising Civil Engineers & Quantity Surveyors. CERTIFIED COUNSELLOR OF RICS, UK.
• Visiting Faculty/ Keynote speaker at various Professional forums, Engineering & Post-Graduate Colleges (such as NICMAR), Placement-Orientation-Programs, etc.
Liaison & Coordination Skills / Clientele/ End-user profile
Statutory Authorities/ Govt. Bodies: BDA, BBMP, BMRDA, BWSSB, KSHIP, KRDCL, KHB, KPWD, CPWD
Property Developers: DLF, Prestige, Embassy, RMZ, Salarpuria, Bagmane, Manyata etc.
PSU (Public Sector Undertakings): EIL, MORTH, CPWD, Indian Railways, MES, HAL, ISRO etc.
Qatar: ASHGHAL, QMA, Hilton Hotels, various HNI Business Corporates.
Multinationals: (Only few cited for sake of brevity):
GE, Cisco, Shell, Intel, HP, Siemens, ABB, Lenovo, NetApp (IBM),EDS-Mphasis, , BEA Systems-Oracle, Makino, Target, NOS, Napa, Citrix, Saber, Intuit, SSgA
Golf, Travelling, Driving, Networking, Books-Corporate Case-studies, Management/ Technical literature, Free lance journalism; International Symposiums Master of Ceremonies