SPECIALIZATION / LEGAL EXPERIENCE
International and domestic arbitration
EXPERIENCE IN ARBITRATION
I regularly act as arbitrator and counsel as well as administrative secretary to the arbitral tribunal in several international and domestic arbitration proceedings (conducted in accordance with ICC Arbitration and ADR Rules, Swiss Rules, UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, VIAC Rules, DIS Rules as well as in ad hoc proceedings).
My experience covers disputes related to general trade and contract law, such as, for example, disputes arising under international sales contracts, agency agreements, joint venture contracts, Post-M&A disputes as well as disputes concerning long term gas supply contracts, which in terms of the amounts in dispute range between 100,000 Swiss Francs and 1.5 billion euros.
Listed as one of the Future Leaders in international arbitration (non-partners section) in Who’s Who Legal Arbitration in three consecutive years (2017-2019):
Flavio Peter stands out as “among the best in his generation” and is regarded by sources as “a very internationally minded and experienced lawyer”.
Flavio Peter is “a very efficient and experienced young practitioner” who, according to sources “is beyond doubt a very talented and promising future leader” in the arbitration space
Flavio Peter “always does a great job” and is respected by clients and peers alike.
- Since 2015 Teaching Assignment at the University of Zurich
- Since May 2012 Attorney-at-Law with Wenger & Vieli Ltd., Zurich
- 2010 – 2011 Trainee with Wenger & Vieli Ltd., Zurich
- 2009 Internship with leading business law firm in Zurich
Internship with District Court of Sursee (CH)
Assistant to Prof. Dr. Michele Luminati, University of Lucerne (CH)
- Commentary on art. 38 and 39 CISG, in: Brunner/Gottlieb (eds.), Commentary on the CISG, Kluwer 2019 (soon to be published);
- Commentary on Articles 389-399 of the Swiss Code of Civil Procedure, 3rd ed., Basle 2017, (with Dr. Michael Mráz);
- Costs Follow Conduct – A Musical Altercation, in: Kluwer Arbitration Blog, 26 October 2017 (with Eliane Fischer, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer);
- International Arbitration – Chapter Switzerland, Global Legal Insights – International Arbitration, 3rd ed. 2017 (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- International Arbitration – Trends & Developments 2016, Chambers Legal Practice Guides (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- Swiss Guide to Legal Research in International Arbitration, ASA (online) Publication, last ed. 2016 (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- International Arbitration – Chapter Switzerland, Global Legal Insights – International Arbitration, 2nd ed. 2016 (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- International Arbitration – Trends & Developments 2015, Chambers Legal Practice Guides (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- How to do legal research in international arbitration, written contribution to Swiss Arbitration Academy – Beginners in International Arbitration, 26 August 2014 (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- Decision of the Swiss Federal Tribunal on the exceptio arbitri in state court proceeding – comments on the prima facie review and its scope of application, in: IBA Arbitration News Letter Vol. 18 No. 1, February 2013, p. 92-95, (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- Monthly contribution (as responsible editor) on case law in international and domestic arbitration and international private law in iusfocus since 2013.
LECTURES / SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Speaker at YAAP Roundtable in Vienna, Tribunal Secretaries – When Playing the Games of Thrones, 7 February 2019;
- Speaker at ASAb40 in Geneva, Introduction to Construction Arbitration, June 2018;
- Speaker at Litigation Forum 2017 in Zurich, Wehret den Anfängen – Wie vermeide ich Konflikte schon bei der Vertragsgestaltung, 3 October 2017;
- Speaker at Summer Retreat 2017, jointly organized by ASAb40-DIS40-ArbIt-YAAP, in Baden bei Wien, Newsflash – Chapter Switzerland, 15 July 2017;
- Moderator and Organizer of ICC YAF Event in Zurich, Cost Allocation – Selected Issues, 30 June 2017;
- Speaker at ICC YAF Event in Geneva, Revision of the 12th Chapter of the Swiss Private International Law Act, 31 January 2017;
- Speaker at Swiss Arbitration Academy – A Practical Introduction, How to do legal research in international arbitration, Seminar of 6 June 2016;
- Moderator of ASA Forum, ASA Local Group, August 2014 (with Gabrielle Nater-Bass, Homburger);
- Speaker at Swiss Arbitration Academy – Beginners in International Arbitration, How to do legal research in international arbitration, 26 August 2014 (with Dr. Urs Weber-Stecher);
- Lecturer on Oral Advocacy at the Vis Moot School Switzerland, University of Zurich (since 2011)