Eldonie is a native of the Caribbean island of Antigua. She graduated magna cum laude from New Jersey City University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Pre-law and earned her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law. After law school, Eldonie worked as a Litigation Associate in a Florida law firm, where she primarily handled contractual and civil litigation matters.
Eldonie established Mason Firm, LLC to provide individuals, entrepreneurs and companies in the entertainment, media and fashion space with personalized legal services tailored to suit their needs.
Eldonie position clients for long-term success by helping them to delineate their goals, connect with and seize opportunities that come their way, manage their legal risks, protect their rights and interests and anticipate situation or activities that may negatively affect their bottom line.
Eldonie has represented an array of clients including but not limited to small businesses, artists, DJs, actors, costume designer, photographer, fashion designer, painter, film and music producers, directors and promoters. She is also an arbitrator with the Civil Court of the City of New York Small Claims Part, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the American Arbitration Association Commercial Panel where she primarily hears entertainment related disputes.
- Mason Firm was a sponsor of the 2013 Ocktober Music and Film Festival and Eldonie conducted a workshop on Acquisition to Distribution
- Mason Firm sponsored items for the gift bags for New York Women in Film and Television Muse Awards honoring Robin Wright of “House of Cards” among others
- Representing prolific, independent fashion designer Marco Hall who has dressed the likes of Rihanna, Lala Anthony, Ntozake Shange among others. Broker international fashion deal with company located in Signapore.
- Representing a client who is featured on “Hotel Impossible” which airs on the Travel Channel.
- Acquiring the rights of the Off-Broadway play “Box” which starred Kevin “DotCom” Brown formerly of NBC’s “30 Rock”
- Representing a film production company, Stuart Films, LLC whose webseries, “12-Steps to Recovery” was featured in JET Magazine
- Successfully settling copyright infringement matters for a painter and photographer
- General Outside Counsel for NuAge PC, LLC a computer servicing and technology company in Miami, FL
- Acted as production attorney on independent films drafting various agreement including but not limited to music license, artwork release, actor agreement, extra agreement
- Organizing and settling the royalties of a music estate
- Founding Member, Mason Firm, LLC
- Arbitrator, Small Claims Part, Civil Court of the City of New York
- Arbitrator, Commercial Panel, American Arbitration Association
- Public Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Litigation Associate, Law Offices of Kane & Kane
- Certified Legal Intern, Miami-Dade County Public Defender
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Peggy A. Quince, Florida Supreme Court
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Patricia A. Seitz, United States District Court for Southern District of Florida
- The Recording Academy
- British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- New York Women in Film & Television
- New Jersey City University Center for the Arts, Arts Advisory Board Member
- The Paley Center for Media New York
- Hudson Union Society
- Association of Small Claims Arbitrators
- Civil Court of the City of New York
- The Florida Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- 2017 Judge, Fordham Law Dispute Resolution Society Vis International Arbitration Practice Moot • 2017 Featured Interview on The Sitdown internet radio show • 2017 Featured Interview on #ActorsLife television show • 2016 Speaker, St. John’s University School of Law Dispute Resolution Society panel on The Role Implicit Bias Has in Alternative Dispute Resolution • 2016, Judge (Chair), Judith S. Kaye Arbitration Competition
- 2016 Speaker, NYWIFT| Intellectual Property in the Entertainment and Media Industries
- 2016 Speaker, “The Dream Team” panel, Inaxxs Music Business Conference
- 2015 Speaker, NJCU BDI Lecture Series: Starting and Managing a Film & Media Business; and Intellectual Property and the Entertainment and Media Industries
- 2015 Speaker, Arts Council of East Orange Arts & Business Seminar
- 2015 Speaker, Ocktober Film Festival – Film Business & Distribution Panel
- 2015 Speaker, Marketing Your New Business, NJCU Entrepreneur Workshop Series
- 2013 Speaker, Acquisition to Distribution Workshop, Ocktober Music and Film Festival
- 2011 Presenter, Online Continuing Legal Education: Protecting Your Client’s Next Great Script: Screenwriters & Copyright; From Acquisition to Exhibition: Advising the Indie Filmmaker
- 2010 Speaker, Protecting Your Copyright: For Screenwriters presented by NYFEN
- Ocktober Film Festival 2015 Business Advisory Board
- 2014 American Arbitration Association Higginbotham Fellow
- New Jersey City University Presidential Search Committee Alumni Member 2012