An efficient Lawyer & Company Secretary, having 14+ years of legal advisory experience, with expertise in General Corporate and Commercial Laws.
Deputy General Manager, Legal, KEC International Ltd. [May 2015 – Present] (RPG Group of Companies)
- Responsible for overall Legal and Corporate Affairs of Company’s operations in India and overseas (especially Infrastructure, Solar, Civil, Railways, Water SBUs)
- Successfully handling International Commercial Arbitrations (Canada, MENA, US)
- Advising on legal issues in Merger & Acquisition transactions by RPG Group
- Risk analysis, vetting and negotiations of Tender and EPC contract
- Company Secretary of a Subsidiary of KEC International Ltd.
- Handling a PPP Infrastructure project in Rajasthan. (DBFOT basis)
- Heading a small team.
- In process of developing system for due diligence and legal auditing with appropriate check & balances to support business and reduce possibility of unwanted litigation
Legal Counsel, Reserve Bank of India [Dec 2009 – Apr 2015] Advised senior executives (Deputy Governor, Executive director, Chief General Manager), on a wide variety of legal and regulatory issues inter alia, M&A, New Banking License, Payment & Settlement System and FEMA regulations.
- Dealt with policy issues spanning across Forex/ECB/Capex regulation, Banking operations, Payments & Settlement system.
- Drafted and Vetted FEMA Regulations, RBI’s Master Circulars on various policy issues, complex national and international contracts.
- Represented and defended RBI in multiple forums – Tax authorities, Finance secretary, GoI, and Central Information Commission.
- 1st Rank in the All India RBI entrance exam (Law) 2009
- Achieved savings of Rs. 4.5 billion by successfully defending RBI’s stand, before Govt of India, on the levy of service tax on DICGC (RBI).The matter is at present pending in the Supreme Court.
Asst. Professor, National Law University, Jodhpur [Jul 2006 -Nov 2009]
Taught courses such as Competition Law, Criminal Law & Procedure, Corporate Law, Financial Laws. Developed courses for academia and industry in Competition Law.
- Promoted as Executive Director, Center for Criminal Law & Studies.
- Over 20 research publications in reputed national and international journals.
- Advocate, Rajasthan High Court, Jaipur [Oct 2002 – Jun 2006]
- Developed a lucrative practice of 100 + litigations, which was one of the quickest among my contemporaries.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Communication and influencing skills
- Analytical thinking
- Drafting and vetting of complex commercial contracts
- Good industry connect.
- Won the Overall Excellence Award – 2014-15 at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Key-note speaker at prestigious conferences.
- Ph.D. guide at two premier National Law Schools in India.