- Systems experience ranging from manual, hardwired, digital to computer based systems. Specialist in real-time and process control software and systems.
- A well-rounded and finely honed experience in all systems areas, viz.: design, development, system integration, evaluation, testing and quality assurance, field commissioning, trouble-shooting and debugging (on the test-floor and at site).
- Senior management experience of about 11 years covering broad management functions, which includes setting-up of a new computer systems department, development of a systems lab, recruitment, staff selection and HRD functions, acquisition of technology and business development and working of allied diversification and strategic plans for the company.
- Traveled extensively over the world to Europe, Japan, USA and the Far East on business.
- Interested in pursuing tasks related to solving of industry/organizational problems in a comprehensive, holistic and responsible manner.
- Experience in responsible positions in first-rate, world-class companies; at Westinghouse (~10 years), I.L. Kota (10+years). Also had stints at General Motors Research Labs., EAI & Exxon Research & Engineering Co. in USA & CRIS in New Delhi. Adjunct Professor at New Jersey Institute of Technology & Carnegie Mellon University in USA and also taught at University of Jodhpur. The highlight of experience throughout has been characterized by intensity of application.
Date of Birth: 01/01/1943. Possess sound physical health and of excellent character. Married – two sons. Wife also a computer engineer, presently tending to home functions. Emphasis on wholesome and a holistic approach to life. Interests cover a wide variety – enjoy outdoors, tennis, hiking, and swimming and select social activities.
- Appointment as Lecturer, University of Jodhpur through open selection process. First graduate of the department to be so appointed. Teaching up to B.E. level.
- MSEE from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago in record time.
- Westinghouse Elect. Corp.: Development & testing of advanced solid state relaying systems for power system protection & control. Later made incharge of a million dollar relaying project involving 10 utility companies.
- General Motors Research Labs. : Interdisciplinary team engaged in the development of electric power-plant for use in automobiles. Did parametric studies.
- University of Michigan – M.S. Computer, Information & Control Engg. Degree. A first of its kind.
- Westinghouse Computer Systems Division: As a part of Advanced Systems Application Group, did lot of design, writing, debugging & integration work. Data base internals, real-time monitor modules, loader, CRT & mag-tape applications packages, performance calculations etc. Used FORTRAN and assembly language extensively. Also did project work of configuring, installing, commissioning and trouble-shooting of data acquisition systems on the test floor & in the field. Won accolades from customers for good work & co-operative attitude.
- EAI Inc. a relatively small technology oriented company: Design & development of a Data Collection and Evaluation System for AEP Co. Using Software Engineering practices developed DTP and ATP for the project. A unique first of a kind application of the Software Engineering Concepts.
- Exxon Research & Engg. Corp. Design & development of a (real-time) data-link between the process computer (IBM 4033) & telemetry computer (DEC) for a large refinery in Venezuela.
- General Manager, I.L. Kota – a PSU: Built-up a separate department for computer systems. Handled several projects of DAS, DDC, SER, TS, and Telemetry System & Training Simulators. Most of them were first of a kind involving development. Also did lots of work in strategic policy and planning areas and evaluation of technology from the US, European & Japanese companies. Later was made Project Incharge for a Software Technology Park Project in Jaipur. Traveled extensively within the country and abroad.
- CRIS, New Delhi: Part of large FOIS (Freight Operations and Info. Systems) group. Development of interface between the Central Computer (IBM 9000) and Zonal Computer (Bull – DPS 7000). OSI architecture.
1992 – Entrepreneurial & incubation activities in Computer & Management Consultancy. This spans industrial automation, business computer applications, management (systems, structures & technology), teaching & center for Noetic Sciences.
- August 1st, 2005 – continuing: with Jodhpur Engineering College & Research Centre (JECRC), Jodhpur. Was appointed as Professor & Head Computer Science & Engineering & IT branch. Since July 2008, appointed as Dean Faculty of Computer Application on formation of Jodhpur National University, Jodhpur.
- Beginning 1st June 2015, appointed as Dean, Faculty of Engineering & Tech. & President of JNU, Jodhpur.
- ISTE Visiting Professor – 2005.
AICTE Visiting Professor – 2003-2004 (With MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur – CSE Department).
Papers, Publications & Conferences:
- Recognized expertise in Software Engineering, Design & Analysis of Information Systems, MIS & Decision Support Systems, and SAD & Real-time Systems.
- Current Research Interests – Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) & e-governance.
- Presented a paper titled, “System Evolution – Concepts & Application” at the National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Simulations and Modeling for Real Life Complex Systems (MCRCS – 07) on February, 23 – 24, 2007.
- Peer reviewed article published in ‘Systems Thinking’ theme issue of CSI Communications October 2007 issue.
- Presented paper at the 22nd Indian Engineering Congress held in December 2007 at Udaipur. Paper title “The New Embedded Infrastructure”.
- Attended the 13th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA-2008) held at New Delhi in March 2008.
- Teaching a course on Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) technology. Introduced first time by Rajasthan Technical University.
- Presented paper titled, “System & Architecture issues in High End Information Systems” at 23rd Convention of Computer Engineers (IE), Jodhpur, 7-8 December 2008.
- Paper presentation at IE (I), All India Seminar on ICT for Rural Development in Sept, 2009, titled, “NAREGA paradigm & ICT.”
- Active participation/organization of Tech. activities.
- Nominated (2005) Presiding Arbitrator by the Institutions of Engineers (I) in a case involving procurement of High-end Computing Infrastructure by Government of Andhra Pradesh from Hewlett Packard (HP). Task completed in May, 2007.
- Convener National Seminar – “Creation of Opportunities through I.T.” under the aegis of IE (I) – September, 2005.
- Member, Nominations Committee of Computer Society of India (CSI) – 2003-2004.
- Life member Fellow IE (I), CSI, ISTE, FICA & INTACH.
- On the panel of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) as a subject expert (Advisor).
- On the panel of Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) & Convener, Inspection Team for grant of affiliation to engineering/MCA programs. Inspected several engineering colleges.
- On the panel of Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA), New Delhi (Ministry of Commerce).
- Running M. Tech. (CSE) & Ph. D. programs at Jodhpur National University since Dec. 2008.
Seminars & presentation on many topics of contemporary importance like:
START-UP from idea to implementation BUSINESS ANALYTICS from data to decision
Topics given by Institution of Engineers etc.