I am a Maritime & legal professional with fairly good & wide experience ranging from Maritime & Commercial operation of Merchant ships to International Trade & Transport.
Sea Career: Started sea career at a young age of around 20 years as TNOC in Shipping Corporation of India and later joined AP Moller-Maersk (Maersk Tankers) in 2006. I have an extensive sea experience for more than 18 years including 3 years Command experience on Merchant Ships. Although I worked mostly on Liquefied Gas Carriers and Oil Tankers, I have experience of Dry Bulk, General cargo Ships as well as Containers.
Hopp Worldwide: Ashore, I started as with Hopp World Wide, a Commercial Maritime entity as DGM (Chartering & Operations) where job profile included chartering/ operations/ drafting & concluding of commercial contracts.
Aquarius Shipping: Later On, I switched over to Aquarius Freight Solutions (a part of Singapore based Aquarius Shipping group) where I was heading the Commercial & legal operations division.
Such a role involved
- Dealing with different parties/ stake holders in any legal matter/ dispute.
- Looking after PNI matters as well as demurrage/ dead freight
- Advise on Marine insurance issues
- Looking after contracts/ agreement with other parties.
- Advise on Chartering/ brokering and at times negotiating on behalf of Aquarius/ RG Chartering with other parties.
- Being a Master Mariner, the main point person to keep ISM documentation updated and a part of decision making on matters related technical/ marine operations.
I was involved in important legal battles as well as arbitration matters related to C/P & Cargo disputes.
Cosmos: Having a sharp analytical mind, I decided to leave the job and started working free lancing through my Legal & Consultancy Firm “Cosmos Law” and “Cosmos Marine” since Sep 2016. I have been involved in
- Legal Drafting & Negotiations
- Maritime Claims & Operation
- Commercial Chartering & Operation of Merchant Ships
- Marine Inspection & Investigation
- Vessel Audit & Inspection
- Marine Insurance & P & I Matters
- Legal Assistance & Consultancy
- International Trade & Transport