Law Graduate (LL.B) with total 27 years’ experience (Post Qualification 20 years) in the area concerned with Legal Department of leading Corporate Houses, including independent law practice in the High of Bombay, Mumbai & other Courts, seeking a position that allows application of accrued experience and knowledge and to actively contribute in overall growth of Organization and its Legal Department.
- Started career with a lead Organization- Heavy engineering & Manufacturing, as a Legal Officer for more than 11 years in its Corporate Legal Department.
- Subsequently joined another Organization which was a part of a reputed Corporate House as a Manager- Legal for 2 years. However, the said Organization was closed.
- Also practiced independently about 6 years in High Court of Bombay (mainly Original Side), Thane Court & other Courts/Forums.
- Had further opportunities to work for large Corporate Houses at Senior Level Legal positions for last 8 years including the present one.
- DRAFTING/VETTING- International & Domestic Contracts/ Agreements/MOUs etc.; Various Property Documents; Notices, Replies, Rejoinders, Suits, Appeals; Complaints, Writ Petitions, Written Statements, Counter Claims & various other Pleadings, MOUs, Bank Guarantee; various Commercial Agreements, Deed of Mortgage & various property Documents, Title & Search Reports etc..
- Organization Strategy development support to the management
Co-ordination & Interaction between functional Heads from Projects, HR, Finance, Marketing, Logistic etc. within the Organization.
- Continuous monitoring & review of ongoing projects, pending issues and litigations.
- To advise in general on the Legal matters to the Management
- Continuous update on new Legislation, Amendments of Laws and Legal advice to the management or clients accordingly.
- To participate in strategy planning and give Ideas and Inovative thought – process to the Management
- Vetting Contracts/Guarantees & various commercial Documents
- Compliance of Statutory requirements under various Laws/Statutes
- Liaison with various Govt/Public/Municipal Authorities, etc
- Preparing Instructive – Notes including Factual Narrations of the matter under Litigation for Instructing/Briefing the Advocates/Solicitors & Counsels and attending Conferences / Coordinating with them.
- Independently controlling & supervising entire LITIGATION as also NON-LITIGATION MANAGEMENT of the Group Companies.
- Appearance/Attendance before various Courts/Tribunals/Forums, Arbitral Proceedings & Hearings etc. including independent Arguments
- Notes of Written/Oral Arguments.
GP PERTOLEUMS LTD (A Gulf Petrochem Group Company)
Senior Legal Counsel- Corporate (HEADING INDIA) 6th July 2016 onwards
A leading player from Oil and Gas Sector, having operations in Mid-east, Far East,Europre, South Asia, South America and Africa, involved in Oil Refining, Greases & Bitumen Manufacturing, Lubricants, Oil Trading, Bunkering, Liquid Storage Terminals, Shipping and Logistics. The Group Companies having also core business such as International Schools, Hospitals, Real Estate etc.
Hazel Mercantile Limited (A Group Veritas Enterprise)
Associate Vice President-Legal From: July 10, 2012 TO Feb 6, 2016
A Mumbai based corporate House of Group of Companies having International presence in Import / Export, Trading & Distribution of Petro Chemicals, Metals & Minerals, Polymers, Paper Boards and Rubber & Heavy Distillery. The Companies are also having core business such as Alternative fuel & energy, Land Acquisition, Agro Ventures, Bio-Technology, Infrastructure & Logistics and Information Technology (IT).
Practicing Lawyer April 1, 2003 – June, 2009 & April 2010 – June 30, 2012
Rendering professional services and practicing independently in High Court of Bombay, Thane Civil Court, Consumer, Co-operative & Other Tribunals/Forums including Arbitrations.
MATTERS INDEPENDENTLY HANDELED:
Suits; Writs; Arbitrations, Appeals; Co-operative; Banking matters; Labour; 138 cases; Rent; Intellectual Property Matters (IPR); Contracts; Money recovery; Winding up of Company matters; Revenue; Land & Properties; Title Cerificates; Consumers; Execution of Decree.
- Independent Drafting & finalizing various Deeds/Documents and pleadings etc.
- Arguments before Court of Law.
- Acted as a Sole Arbitrator by M/s. Larsen & Toubro Ltd., in its arbitration matter.
- Writ Petition which I drafted as well as argued Independently, against the leading Govt. of India Undertaking had been admitted by the Division Bench of Honourable High Court of Bombay.
- Succeeded in 5 Appeals which I argued and also settled one money matter across the table within 3 months without legal recourse.
- Rs.2.3 Crores of compensation made available to my clients through 6 different court litigations and disputes.
- Court case I filed in year July 2008 which came to be decided in June, 2009 in which we succeeded. Against this matter Appeal preferred which decided in July, 2010 which had been dismissed. It’s a recorded case which has been decided within only 2 years span upto Appeal level. My client received the amount as per Court Order/Decree.