Civil Engineering professional, with 42 years of experience across different verticals of urban development, infrastructure in the government and private sector. Expertise in construction, public works, project management, resource allocation, budgeting, latest technologies and arbitration. Worked on roads, bridges, underpass, border roads and airports. Driven national programs and projects from end-to-end, with focus on building operational competencies and providing strategic direction. Skilled in interactions with different stakeholders across ministries, units, regions and cross-functional teams.
At present Independent Non Executive Director, NBCC (India) Ltd.
Independent Non Executive Director, Gold Plus Glass Industry Ltd.
Independent Non Executive Director, Rahejas SEZ Ltd.
Director, SWARNAA Consultants Pvt. Ltd
Consultant, Agha Khan Foundation
Chairman, CED 5, BIS Committee, Flooring, Wall Finishing and Roofing;
Convener, WG 9, CED 59, BIS Committee on Smart Cities
Member, Panel for Sustainability, CED 46, BIS (NBC 2016)
Jan 13 – Feb 13 Director General – Central Public Works Department (CPWD) New Delhi
Pay scale: Basic Rs 80,000 (fixed) Apex scale
Heading country wide 30,000+ employees, comprising of engineers, architects, horticulturists and others for creation of a paperless project planning, execution and monitoring system. Reporting to Secretary – Urban Development.
Sep 10 – Dec 12 Member Engineer, Delhi Development Authority (DDA) New Delhi
Jan 08 – Aug 10 Chief Engineer (Western Zone), CPWD Mumbai
Mar 07 – Jan 08 Member – Appropriate Authority (AA), Dept of Income Tax Mumbai
Dec 06 – Mar 07 Superintending Engineer, Appropriate Authority (AA), Dept of Income Tax Mumbai
Nov 01 – Dec 06 Superintending Engineer – (DTTDC) On deputation Delhi
Apr 94 – Oct 01 Superintending Engineer/ SSW – CPWD New Delhi
Dec 86 – Mar 94 Executive Engineer – Delhi, Pune, Mumbai – CPWD
Mar 86 – Nov 86 Study leave for pursuing M Tech, Environmental Eng, Univ of Washington Seattle
Sep 81 – Mar 86 Executive Engineer, Surveyor of Works – ACC, CPWD Guwahati Construction of airports and runways; plan, design & construction of buildings in seismic zone – V
Dec 76 – Sep 81 Assistant Executive Engineer, South Block – CPWD New Delhi
Jan 76 – Dec 76 ENGINEERS INDIA LIMITED (EIL) – Junior Engineer New Delhi
May 74 – Dec 75 DESEIN (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED – Structural Design Engineer New Delhi
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Article titled “On the Toilet Trail: Making Disposal Easy” on end-to-end solutions for the problem of human excreta disposal both in urban and rural areas published in The Millennium Post
- “Monitoring and evaluation of smart cities: Developing a mechanism “ developed and presented at BIS and various forums.
- IRC Award winning paper on Corridor improvement, Lajpat Nagar to Srinivas Puri, New Delhi
- Panelist in Indo-French seminar on tramways, Delhi, Sept 13
- Panelist in seminar on Safety in Constructions, Indian Association of Structural Engineers
- Paper on Affordable Housing presented in ASSOCHAM conference in Feb 2014
- Opinion piece on the Real Estate Regulation & Development Bill, Millennium Post, Sept 1, 2013
- General Specifications for Electrical Works Part-I (Internal EI), Part-IV (Sub-Station), Part-VII (DG Sets) & Part-VIII (Gas Based Fire Extinguishing System)
- Architectural Planning Guidelines for Public & Residential Buildings | Handbook of Landscape | 7 DSR-2012 (Supplement)-Green Building & New Technology Items |
- Integrated Green Design for Rural & Urban Buildings in Hot-Dry Climate Zone
- Participated in live ‘The Economic Times Realty Conventions’ of 2011 and 2012
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- The Eminent Engineer Scroll of Honour – Institution of Engineers (India)
- Best Paper Award – Indian Roads Congress
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Delhi Technological University
- Distinguished Alumni Award – Alumni of Delhi College of Engineering
- Chaired Closing Annual Session of Indian Road Congress 2013 at Coimbatore
CHAIR OF COMMITTEES
Present: Chair, Indian delegation from Tile Manufacturers Association, BIS to ISO TC 189 at Seville, Spain 2015 | Chair, BIS CED-5 on Wall and Floor Finishing | Convener BIS CED-59, WG 9 on Smart Cities Past: Chair, Board of Enquiry for proposed part modification in MPD-2021 | Chair, Committee of Group 2A for Road Capacity Buildings (Processing and evaluation of new projects) of UTTIPEC | Chair, Committee of Group 2B for Road Capacity Buildings (Retrofitting of existing corridors) of UTTIPEC | Chair, Sports Council DDA
At present, working as Arbitrator and Conciliator with GAIL, other PSUs Registered Arbitrator with Indian Council of Arbitration, IITArb, SCOPE, SAROD
At present Presiding Arbitrator in two Road Construction case of BSRDC Patna, Two cases as Arbitrator, Ssanyong Vs. NHAI, one case pertaining to HT works of HLL Life AIIMS, Patna and one of IRCON.