Supreme Court and High Court Advocate with over 48 years of extensive experience with expertise in Civil, Corporate and Arbitration laws in International, Commercial, Construction and Building Engineering Contracts.
Key clients include large international, public and private sector organisations in India, the USA, and Switzerland.
Enrolled as Advocate: September 1968 and joined a firm of Solicitors, B.C. Dasgupta & Co., in New Delhi and gained experience in various fields of law including court cases. Main clients included Nestle, Howe International, Hotz Hotels, besides other Indian Corporates and Business Houses and State Bank of India.
After becoming an Advocate on Record of the Supreme Court of India in May 1973,set up own practice in the Supreme Court as Arvind Minocha & Associates. Besides other associates, Veena Minocha, his wife, has also been an associate with the practice for 36 years.
Fields of practice include all branches of civil, corporate and arbitration laws; with core specialization in arbitration and arbitration related court cases in International, Commercial and in Building Engineering Contracts with special emphasis on FIDIC conditions of contract. FIDIC is “Federation Internationale Des Ingeniers Consuls” (French), i.e. International Federation Of Consulting Engineers, with its Headquarters and Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland. FIDIC defines the conditions of contract for the construction industry worldwide.
Among the regular clients are Government Corporations, including National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd., the largest Central Government owned Construction Company in India, for over 30 years. Consultant to Indian Potash Ltd., which is the largest importer of Potash in India and importer of DAP, in respect of domestic and International Arbitrations.
Some of the key clients including public and private companies for whom various arbitrator and arbitration related court cases have been and are being handled are:
- Hindustan Prefab Ltd., (A Central Government Corporation)
- NBCC (India) Ltd. (A Central Government Corporation)
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd. (A Central Government Corporation)
- Indian Potash Ltd. (A Central Government Corporation)
- Punjab State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. (State Corporation)
- Mears Group Inc. Houston, Texas, USA
- Keytrade AG, Geneva, Switzerland
- Geophysical Institute of Israel,
- Windorz India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Nireka Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
- Navayuga Engineering Co. Ltd., New Delhi/Hyderabad
- Billimoria & Co. Ltd., Mumbai
- Som Datt Builders Ltd., New Delhi
- Bajaj Hindustan Ltd. of the Bajaj Group, New Delhi/Mumbai
- Dhoot Developers, Gurgaon
- Dhanraj Mahal, Mumbai
- HCIL, New Delhi
A few of the landmark cases ,arbitration and related court cases, have been against organisations such as:
- Arbitration case in LCIA., London against Stemcore UK Ltd.;
- Lufthansa with its demerger with Modiluft, in London;
- Cargill International;
- Intel Corporation, USA, (ongoing);
- Jindal Saw Ltd.,
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.;
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.,( ongoing ),
- Fernas Insaat AS, Turkey
- Nagarjuna Fertilizers & Chemical Ltd., and
- Various States of India, successfully concluded and various cases ongoing.
Presently appearing in on going cases all over the country relating to domestic and international arbitration and arbitration related court cases.
Various industry engagements including published papers in journals for different institutions; addressing seminars on the aspect of law relating to arbitration and allied laws; conducting workshops in respect of arbitration laws and being an advisor to various business houses.
Have been writing papers, addressing seminars every year and conducting workshops in respect of arbitration laws and allied laws at various for a including Institute of Surveyors; Institute of Technical Arbitrators, Construction Industry Arbitration Council, International Council of Consultants, Common Wealth Association of Surveying & Land Economy (Asia Region)