Positions held : Worked in Engineering Industryfrom 1972 to 1980.
Industry in various capacities.
- Experience of steel pipe fabrication unit. Plant incorporating civil works, pipe-work & equipment setting, steel framed racks, bridges ad ancillary structures and external works.
- Controlling all commercial aspects of the above project/ work to completion
- Responsible for entire engineering team and estimating functions on this fabrication plant and assembly station.
- Subcontract coordination progress and account.
- Change order assessment and evaluation of contractual claims, both time and cost based.
- Final sign-off of account and financial close out report.
- Administration of subcontracts accounts, cost control, system design and implementation, planning and specification monitoring, final account assessment and agreement.
Employer : The New India Assurance Co. Ltd., Mumbai/Delhi (1980 to 1981)
Positions held : Engineer in Engineering Department
Self Employed : Insurance Surveyor & Valuation 1981 onwards.
Senior partner in A.K. Govil & Associates, an accredited firm for survey and loss assessment of Insurance Claims, Valuation of Buildings and Plants/Machineries.
Incorporated M/s MACK Insurance Surveyors Pvt. Ltd in 2006 along with Mr. Chandra Kiron Bakshi and Mr. Chandra Mohan Bakshi of M/s MP Bakshi Surveyors Pvt. Ltd. The company is now renamed as M/s MACK Insurance Surveyors & Loss Assessors Pvt. Ltd. In a span of almost forty years in the profession, have personally carried out assessment/ adjustment of losses as given below.
DETAIL TASK ASIGNMENT:
- Civil works including Building, Factory structure – 5000 cases approx. in India and neighboring countries including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal,Bhutan, Afghanistan, Iran and Mauritius
a. Road & railway tracks
b. Hydro power stations
c. Large and small buildings
- Plant and machinery loss survey & assessment – 1500. Cases approx.
a. Thermal, Hydro, Solar, Windmill in Power Sector
b. Large and small factories of various type of industries.
- Building, Plant & Machinery Stocks and Loss of Profit Claims under Fire Policies – More than 10000 cases with assessments of up to Rs. 100 crores.
a. Large and small factories of various types of industries
b. Warehouses, godowns, transporter godowns, showrooms, malls
- Insurance Audit and Gap Analysis – 200 case approx.
- On the panel of Financial Institutions, Banks & NBFC’s for Valuation of Assets – 10000 cases approx.
c. Revaluation of Assets
d. Collateral Security
e. Liquidation of industries
f. Lender Enquirers Certification
g. Fixation of Sum Insured for insurance of fixed assets
- One of the first 32 Engineers certified by Government of India as an expert in Solar Power.
- Have Arbitrated & Conciliated cases on Engineering Contracts, Commercial and insurance matters as an Arbitrator.
ARBITRATION & CONCILIATION
- Have handled cases in contractual disputes between large corporates & made them to resolve mutually most of the issued & rest have been arbitrated to their mutual satisfaction.
- Have handled commercial disputes between manufacturers & distributers.
- Have handled insurance claims dispute between Indian leading insurers & their claimants.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
- Former Chairman – Bharatiya Yuva Shakti Trust (BYST) Committee for Entrepreneur selection, under the aegis of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for promotion of self-upliftment of young, under privileged entrepreneurs.
- Former Member – Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority (IRDA) Committee, formed for promotion of profession of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Assessors in India.
- Former Member – Joint Committee of BYST and International Financial Corporation, (IFC) Washington, USA for funding of entrepreneurs in India.
- Former Member – Indian Institute of Insurance Surveyor & Loss Adjuster (IIISLA), the only academic body of Insurance Surveyors and Loss Assessors in India.
Assisted various regimes of Government of India, from time to time in assessing the aftermath of situations caused due to natural disturbances and Acts of God such as – Hurricane impact at the Kandla Port, Gujarat, Hurricane Impact at Orissa Port site Hudhud in Andhra, Floods in -Uttaranchal, Jammu & Kashmir, Chennai and Kerala. Aftermath assessment of earthquakes in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar-Kashi, Kathmandu and other disturbances andriots after assassination of Mrs. Indra Gandhi (Prime Minister), Charar-e-sharief at Handwara, J&K, Riots in Haryana.
Assisted the Government of India, with his services, during the Afghanistan conflict, in assessing the loss caused to the Government of India undertakings in the region. I have also contributed – services to other Indian Government undertakings in neighboring countries as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal (Earthquake) etc.
- Trustee – SAHARA, an organization for Rehabilitation of AIDS victims and drug addicts.
- Promoter Trustee -Maharaja Agrasen Educational Trust, an Educational Institution for imparting education to under privileged and down trodden children in Ghaziabad.
- Founder Trustees – NDMLCP GOVIL Charitable Trust, which looks after the needs of Children & Poor people by giving scholarship and grants for marriages or medical needs.
- Former Vice President– Jor Bagh Residents Welfare Association
- Secretary – Factory Road Residents Welfare Association.
LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS:
More than 45 years of hard core Engineering, Heavy Industries, Finance, Insurance& Contracts Surveying experience in Indian and International arena with incredible achievements. The core area of expertise spans from Cement Plants, Oil Refineries, Fertilizer Plants, Automobile Industries, Thermal, Hydro, Solar & Windmill Electric Power Plants, Cold Storage, Heavy Engineering, Chemical Plantsand Mines etc.
- Have rendered expertise on various requests from Government of India as SoD.
- Vast experience in the area of Engineering, Insurance, Finance& Contracts.
- Well aware of Quality control processes and financial audits for industry.
- Adept in Strategy formulation, execution, business performance reviews, overview of production operations of cement plants, financial management etc.
- Experienced in Risk Assessment and Risk Mitigation consulting
- Define Group Values and Code of Conduct.
- Strong Leadership qualities.
- Strong Budgeting, Planning and co-ordination skills.
- Attention to detail – strong process orientation; providing and encouraging thought leadership.
- Strong at Organization building initiatives and effective people management
- Generation of ideas for new products, markets and present and discuss them with the strategic affairs committee.
- Government certified Solar Plant Expert.
- Conciliation & Arbitration in commercial & contract disputes to mutual satisfaction of both parties.