Counsel, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., New Delhi, (2015 – till date)
Amarchand Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff, New Delhi (2008-2015)
Successfully handled several international and domestic arbitrations in relation to shareholders’ disputes, power projects disputes, telecom project disputes, supply contract disputes in ad hoc arbitrations and institutional arbitrations before International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR).
Successfully handled cases before Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi, Bombay, Goa Bench, Punjab & Haryana, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, High Court of Singapore, Trial Courts in India, Company Law Board (NCLT), Debt Recovery Tribunal, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, Central Information Commission.
Notable matters include:
International Commercial Arbitration:
- Represented UK based company in ICC Arbitration in dispute with its Indian joint venture partner relating to construction of an exhibition center in India.
- Represented Power Sector PSU in ICC Arbitration in relation to disputes on Gas Turbine Power Project in Kurdistan against Company based in Jordan
- Represented Power Sector PSU in International Commercial Arbitration in India against Oman based company in relation to disputes on Power Project in Oman
- Represented a Defence Engineering Company in India in SIAC arbitration and Singapore High Court and related proceedings before High Court and District Courts in supply contracts of ships.
- Represented NALCO in ad hoc arbitration and Delhi High Court proceedings against US based Company in relation disputes under supply agreement.
- Represented Motorola Solutions Inc., USA in ICADR arbitration against telecom PSU in relation to disputes under turnkey contract for planning, installation, commissioning of telecom network in Delhi.
- Represented GAIL India in ICADR arbitration and related Court proceedings against US based Company in relation to supply contract disputes.
- Represented RRB Group and Lebua Hotels, Thailand before SIAC Arbitration and proceedings before Delhi High Court
Domestic arbitration and related litigation
- Represented Alstom Systems India Pvt. Ltd. before the Delhi High Court and in ICC arbitration in relation to disputes on railway construction project.
- Represented Motorola Solutions India in ad hoc arbitration against telecom PSU in relation to disputes under turnkey contract for planning, installation, commissioning of telecom network in Southern Circles.
- Represented Power Sector PSU in Delhi High Court in relation to disputes in tender for HDVC Bipole link between Western and Southern region
- Represented GE T&D Pvt. Ltd before Delhi High Court in disputes under supply and construction contract.
- Advised Indian Sugar Exim Corporation in relation to disputes under derivate contracts before Supreme Court, High Court of Bombay and Delhi, DRT.
- Represented Italian Multinational Oil and Gas Company, Eni SpA on litigation before the Supreme Court on Securities laws especially SEBI Takeover Regulations.
- Represented Receiver appointed in US Courts before Indian Courts in civil disputes.
- Represented Glencore International AG, Switzerland before Civil Court in India in relation to supply contract disputes.
- Represented Rapigen Inc. Korea before Civil Court in India in relation to supply contract disputes
- Represented ASF Insignia SEZ Pvt. Ltd before High Court of Punjab & Haryana in relation to property tax and municipal law disputes.
- Represented Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited before the APTEL in relation to disputes on electricity tariff disputes
- Represented Atlantis Development Corporation (Auro University) before Supreme Court in relation to land acquisition disputes.
- Advising ETA LLC, UAE on disputes in relation to bank guarantees in metro railway construction project.
- Advising California Bank and Trust in relation to disputes under supply contract.
- Represented Auro University before FCRA Division, MHA