I am a believer, thinker and an achiever. I am passionate about my work and always push myself to deliver the best in the interest of my clients and am an honest sincere member of the legal fraternity. Driven by the words of my Late Grandfather, “its hard work, first, hard work, second and hard work, last and if anything is left, then its hard work again”, I have been in pursuit of perfection as a Counsel working for over 10 years’ in civil and corporate litigation, with significant experience in suit, arbitration and writ matters. I am enrolled with the Delhi Bar Council and am a member of Supreme Court Bar Association as well as Bar Library Club, Calcutta.
Professional Work Experience
- Started my professional training under the aegis of Mr. Hirak Kumar Mitter, Senior Barrister since the 2nd year of my college, 2005 onwards
- Am a standing counsel for the Reserve Bank of India, appeared in a number of matters, including the Saradha Chit Fund case [Basabi Rai Chowdhury vs. Union of India & Ors. (W.P. No. 12163 (w) of 2013) before the Hon’ble Justice Ashim Kumar Banerjee], 2013 onwards
- Been a member of POSH Committee for R.S. Software, 2014
- Been a member of POSH Committee for Abzooba Infotech India Private Limited, 2015
- Engaged in T.S. 6 of 2004- In the Goods of: Priyamvada Devi Birla (deceased) and all connected applications thereunder. Such exposure has helped me develop sound knowledge in probate matters.
- Appearing in C.S. No. 2 of 2017- Lindsay International Private Limited & Ors. Vs. Laxmi Niwas Mittal & Ors. for the Defendant no.1
- Appeared in a number of Arbitration matters, some of which are as follows:
- Haldia Water Management Ltd. and Haldia Development Authority before Hon’ble Justice S.B. Sinha (Retd.), Mr. SudiptoSarkar, Senior Advocate and Mr. Ranjan Deb, Senior Advocate. (Appearing for the Respondent)
- M/s. B.S. Agarwal and Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (P) Ltd before the Hon’ble Justice MonoranjanMullick (Retd.) (Appearing for the Respondent)
- Shapoorji Pallonji and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited before the Hon’ble Justice ChittotoshMukherji (Retd.), Hon’ble Justice Robin Bhattacharya (Retd.) and Hon’ble Justice Dilip Seth (Retd.) (Appearing for the Claimant)
- Gitashree Fabrication Vs. Trinity Trust Gupta College of Technological Sciences before the Hon’ble Justice Aloke Chakraborty (Retd) (Appearing for the Respondent)
- Some ongoing arbitrations-
- Sanjeevani Health & Life Style Pvt. Ltd. And Future Mobile and Accessories Ltd. before Mr. Malay Kumar Ghosh, Senior Advocate (Appearing for the Claimant)
- Mintech Global Private Limited Vs. Kesoram Industries Limited before the Hon’ble Justice Ashok Kumar Ganguly (Retd.), Justice D.K. Seth (Retd.) and Mr. V.S.R. Avadhani (Appearing for the Respondent)
- SMS Paryavaran Limited Vs. Asansol Durgapur Development Authority before the Hon’ble Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharyya (Retd.) (Appearing for the Claimant)
Have trained many law students as interns, details of some are as below:
- SULAGNA RANA, a student of Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College, attended my chamber for the period July 1st to August 12th , 2016
- DIVYA KANJEE, a student of Symbiosis, Hyderabad has interned under me in December, 2017.
- SAKSHI TIKMANY, a student of 2nd Year, National Law University, successfully completed her internship from June 25, 2018 to July 20, 2018.
- TANYA CHHAWCHHARIA, a student of 2nd year, National Law Institute University, Bhopal had attended my chamber between May 18, 2019 to June 22, 2019.
- ABIR LAL GHOSH, student of Calcutta University, Department of Law, who is currently into practice in the State of West Bengal.