3 Years Indian Forest Service 24 Years Indian Customs & Excise Services 5 Years Advocate
- National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development, Feb – July 1988
- Indian Forest Service – 1988-1991 – Manipur Cadre
- Indian Customs Appraiser Service – 1991 – 2002
- Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Group ‘A’ – 2002 – 2015, Voluntarily Retired from post of Additional Commissioner of Customs, Cenral Excise & Service Tax to practice Law
- Typing Technical Examination – Lower Grade – State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad
- Diploma in Information and Systems Management (DISM), Aptech, Mumbai
- Two day Course on Derivatives conducted by the Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Process Outsourcing (PGDLPO), IGNOU School of Law and Rainmaker, February 2009– February 2010
- Two Week Training in Arbitration conducted by Indian Merchants Chamber, Mumbai Chapter – 2015
- One Week Training in Mediation conducted by the Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation leading to Class II Mediator Certification
- Induction Course for CESTAT Departmental Representatives conducted by the National Academy of Customs, Excise and Narcotics, Faridabad
- One Month Advanced Management Training Program conducted by IIM, Lucknow consisting of Campus Training for two weeks, one week training at LKY School for Public Policy, Singapore and one week training at SKK Graduate School of Business, Seoul, S Korea.
- Regularly attended optional training courses at the National Academy of Customs, Excise and Narcotics, Faridabad. Some of these courses are;
- Narcotics & Precursor Substances Training
- Communication Skills and Leadership Development
- Vigilance Training
- Risk Assessment
- Legal Management
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Green Customs
- Course on Economic Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Economics including Budgeting & Deficit planning
- Commercial Frauds & Money Laundering
Activities and Interests
- The training in the Indian Forest Service at the Indian Forest Academy, Dehradun involves multidisciplinary training, in Engineering, Forestry, Arms training, Riding, Swimming etc.
- The work as a Custom Appraiser Service requires assessment and valuation of Import and Export Goods and implementation of various laws involved in the Export and Import of Goods and Services.
- As an Assistant Commissioner in the Customs and Central Excise departments, the job description involves administration of sections which may at times comprise as many as 50 staff. It also involves implementation of various laws relating to Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax and other allied laws of the land. It also involves quasi-judicial work.
- During posting in various positions, as a Departmental Representative in the Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal, Mumbai, the work involved presenting the department’s case before the Tribunal. It involves thorough study of all the documents related to a case, search of relevant case law related to the case using software such as Ex-Cus and Grand Jurix 2000, physical search in various law journals such as the All India Reporter, Excise Law Times, Revenue Law Times etc.
- As Joint/Additional Commissioner of Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax, the job description involved management of the Commissionerate including 5 divisions, Adjudications in Central Excise & Service Tax matters, Review of the Adjudication Orders passed by lower authorities, Vigilance, Administration & Establishment matters pertaining to the Government.
- Represented the University of Hyderabad in Chess and Carroms in the Inter-University Championships. Won the Inter school championship in Chess and Carroms at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Litigation in Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax matters at the level of Commissioner (Appeals), CESTAT and High Court.
- Advisory services in respect of Special Valuation Branch at various Custom formations looking into imports from related parties
- Advisory Services in respect of CENVAT, Central Excise, Service Tax and Customs matters
- Consultancy services in respect of DGFT related work such as Licences, Refund of Terminal Excise Duty, Adjudications, appearance before Committees for fixation of norms etc.
- Appearance before the Settlement Commission, Authority for Advance Ruling, Anti-Dumping Duty Authority etc
- Appearance before the Central Information Commission, New Delhi
- Corporate Litigation relating to Contracts & Arbitration