Over 36 years of experience in urban infrastructure including planning of road development, bridge/flyover design, construction, and execution with quality assurance on large infra-projects like sea-links/tunnels/expressways. These projects include construction of buildings, bridges, overpasses, and highways, Railway Over bridges conforming to world-bank standards through Government funding and those requiring public-private partnerships.
Have undergone international training organized by Royal Melbourn Institute of Technology,Australia Has international experience of testing of High Tensile Cables for fatigue and other Tests at EMPA Switzerland.
Has presented papers at Institution of Engineers and at Indian Roads Congress sessions.
He is a member of B9 committee of IRC formulating Guidelines for Sea Links and specialized bridges.
Details of Experience:
Consultant Larsen & Toubro ECC Transport Infrastructure IC Mumbai India Nov 2016 onwards Liasoning with Govt / Semi Govt Agencies for Business development and other related matters
JOINT MANGING DIRECTOR MSRDC Mumbai India Sept 2012 –Aug 2016
Led a team of 50 Senior Engineers, about 25 Project management Consultants and about 150 other staff for Major Infrastructure Development Projects, viz.
- Versova Bandra Sea Link about 14 km long
- Capacity Augmentation of Mumbai Pune Expressway
- Road network in the influence zone of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor
- In addition completed the following
- 600 m long challenging Cable stayed bridge at Nagpur railway station
- Mehekar Bypass road of about 6.5 km length
- Four flyover projects
- Kapurbawli,Manpada, Waghbil and Patlipada on Thane Ghodbunder road
- 27 RoB’s on various rods in Nagpur Zone
Chief Engineer MSRDC (Govt PSU) MSRDC, Mumbai, India State Government of India June 2010 – Aug 2012
- Directed development of projects worth $106 million for State Government in India
- Led a staff of 275 engineers, quality controllers, and project managers
- Completed 25 construction projects including bridges, highways, and buildings
- Headed 15 highway development and maintenance projects aggregating 2,500 miles
- Currently,completed construction of railway overpasses comprising precast construction, reinforced earth walls, and cable stayed 700 ft long bridge
- Handling with effective technical inputs, 3 flyover projects in Aurangabad, Maharashtra and one flyover in Pune, Maharashtra.
Managing Director (on deputation assignment) Dehradun, India State Infrastructure Development Corporation May 2009 – June 2010
- Developed 47 infrastructure projects worth $160 million. These projects included airways, sports complexes, and medical colleges. Secured funding for these projects
- Led a staff of 175 (both technical and non technical) including 4 Chief GMs
- Developed 2010-11 infrastructure planning budget aggregating $1 billion for state Government
- Upgraded infrastructure for handling a congregation of 50 million pilgrims
State Government of India August 2006 – April 2009
- Executed urban infrastructure projects worth $500 million. Rehabilitated over 15,000 families and developed environmental and social infrastructure for them.
- Directed 100 engineers for decongesting traffic through capacity augmentation of existing expressways and development of new city roads, link roads, and overpasses within a narrow time frame. Used pre-cast segmental construction method
- Implemented storm water drainage improvement plan for 47 flood affected spots in Mumbai.
- Developed cost free maintenance strategy which reduced $1 million per year burden on State Government’s exchequer
- Successfully renegotiated road building and bridge building contracts for timely completion.
Superintending Engineer Aurangabad, India; Mumbai, India
State Government of India November 1995-August 2006
- Supervised national highway development projects spread over 30 districts and provided training to staff
- Developed and implemented quality control measures for road construction in 9 districts in arid regions of the state
- Expanded widths of bridges over rivers and developed several road tunnels and overpasses
- Completed reconstruction of houses and essential infrastructure for 27 earthquake affected villages
- Developed manual for maintenance norms for urban roads
- Awarded 7 public-private partnership projects to entrepreneurs on build-operate-transfer basis.
- Under the RTI Act ,developed Right to information manuals and Citizens’ Charter
Executive Engineer Nagpur, Mumbai; Akola, India
State Government of India September 1986 – October 1995
- Designed numerous bridges involving reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete construction for National and State highways as per latest standards
- Implemented flood rehabilitation measures
- Upgraded 99 km long state road to National Highway standards. Obtained $5 million financing from World Bank
- Completed construction of 500 ft. long pre-stressed concrete bridge with deep Caisson foundations and 300 ft. long reinforced concrete girder bridge having a curvilinear alignment with shallow foundation in a record period of 6 months and a large number of other road structures.
- Accomplished challenging task of replacing bearings of a three span continuous girder bridge weighing 1,100 metric tons
- Developed handbook of RCC design of buildings for use of field engineers
Assistant Executive Engineer
State Government of India August1980 – September1986
- Designed and constructed structures worth $2 million for developing post graduate medical institute and allied buildings.
- Imparted training through various on job training courses to fresh engineering graduates
- Set up well equipped field laboratories facilitating construction material sampling and testing for quality compliance. Laboratories provided concrete mix design and material quality certification at district level for the first time.
- Primary Skills: Innovative and economic infrastructure designs, transparent procurement procedures, effective construction supervision, team motivation, construction management, and quality, safety and cost control. The solutions for traffic safety and construction equipment safety are other key result areas besides revenue enhancement through commercial exploitation of the land and other assets.