Serving as neutral (mediator/arbitrator) for the following types of disputes:
- Insurance Coverage
- General commercial & business
- Employment & organizational matters
- Real estate.
Extensive mediator and arbitrator training Rosters:
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR) – Arbitrator & Mediator
- American Arbitration Association – Commercial Arbitrator & Mediator
- ARIAS-US – Certified Neutral Arbitrator & Qualified Mediator
- London Court of International Arbitration – Roster
- USCIB – Roster
- American Health Lawyers Association – Arbitrator & Mediator
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration – Arbitrator & Mediator
- United States District Court – SDNY – Mediator
- United States Bankruptcy Court – SDNY – Neutral
- New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division — New York & Queens County—Mediator
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – Arbitrator & Mediator
- National Futures Association- Arbitrator
- Resolute Systems – Arbitrator & Mediator
- National Center for Dispute Settlement – Arbitrator & Mediator
- New York City Bar Association’s Client-Attorney Mediation Panel
5/99-10/10: Director – Legislative, Privacy & Projects, MetLife, New York, NY.
Worked with government relations and represented the company on privacy committees of various trade groups, such as American Council of Life Insurers, American Health Insurance Plans and the Health Leadership Council. Manage and participate in many cross-enterprise projects including mergers, integrations, business efficiencies and compliance. Oversaw distribution of HIPAA & GLB privacy notices. Reviewed all laws and regulations affecting Institutional Business, including oversight for all applicable initial compliance work for group insurance & retirement products & services
5/89-5/99: Associate Counsel/Attorney, MetLife, New York, NY.
Was trial and appellate counsel for company in areas of ERISA, FEGLI, insurance, real estate investments, corporate investments and other corporate issues. I conducted over 100 trials while managing 120 lawsuits at a time and advising on pre-dispute matters.
9/85-5/89: Paralegal, MetLife & J.C. Penney, New York NY
Performed extensive work in document disclosure and assisted with internal investigations. At J.C. Penney, I also assisted with budget and general management issues.
5/73-9/85: Baritone, New York, NY
Performed numerous Oratorios, Church work and general performances, including: Musicals – Captain Big Jim Warrington (Little Mary Sunshine) & Samuel Chase (1776); Operettas – Ruder (Student Prince) & The Pirate King (Pirates of Penzance) and; Opera – Scarpia (Tosca), Escamillo (Carmen) & Bartolo (Le Nozze Di Figaro & Il Barbieri di Seviglia).