Norman Gerstein retired from the Circuit Court after 29 years of distinguished service to the community. He was considered one of South Florida’s highest rated Circuit Judges. He presided over thousands of jury and non-jury trials in virtually every Division of the County and Circuit Court. He has extensive experience in virtually all areas of the law including but not limited to complex commercial cases, land use cases, professional malpractice, trust, estates, guardianship, business disputes, attorney fee disputes, personal injury, negligence,negligent security, foreclosures, and construction litigation.
In 2010 he founded the Law Offices of Norman S. Gerstein. His practice is primarily devoted to Mediation and Arbitration. Additionally, he serves as a Special Master, Special Magistrate, Court Appointed Receiver, Court Appointed Personal Representative and serves as a neutral evaluator upon request.He has mediated over 1400cases since 2010 and has been assigned to multiplearbitrations through the American Arbitration Association, the ICDR (International Centre for Dispute Resolution) the ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) and Finra.
- 2010- PRESENT LAW OFFICES OF NORMAN S. GERSTEIN P.A., Founder and President of Norman S. Gerstein P.A., Mediator/Arbitrator/Receiver/Special Master/Umpire for Insurance disputes in binding Appraisals.
- 1986-2010- CIRCUIT JUDGE – Appointed by Governor Graham. Elected to a six year terms in 1986, 1992,1998 and 2004. Served in General Jurisdiction, Probate,Criminal and Juvenile Divisions.
- 1981-1986- COUNTY COURT JUDGE -Appointed by Governor Graham.Elected to a four year term in 1982
- 1979-1980- SPECIAL ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY- Assisted Grand Jury in investigations of nursing homes and State of Florida programs for abused, neglected, and abandoned children
- 1973-1980 – ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER – Office of the Public Defender, Eleventh Judicial Circuit,Dade County
SELECTED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS:
- CRUISE INDUSTRY PASSENGER & SEAFARER CLAIMS SEMINAR LECTURER October 13, 2017
- 16SYMP002 ICDR CRUISELINE & SEAFARER PANEL – SYMPOSIA October 13, 2016
- WORKSHOP FACULTY PRESENTER AT THE 15TH ANNUAL WINDSTORM INSURANCE CONFERENCE THE EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR WINDSTORM CLAIMS INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS January 27- 30, 2014