Ned is one of Canada’s leading authorities in franchising and distribution law. He has represented some of the world’s foremost franchises, and provides legal services to Canadian and International clients on all aspects of Canadian franchise law. Additionally, from 2000-2007, he was General Counsel to the Canadian Franchise Association and is currently a member of the International Committee of the International Franchise Association.
He is a prolific writer, having published numerous books, papers and articles on franchise and distribution law, including Canadian Franchise Legislation (2001, LexisNexis/Butterworths). He has contributed articles to numerous business and Industry publications, Including Canadian Business Magazine, The Franchise Voice, the ABA’s Franchise Law Journal, the IBA’s Journal of Franchising and Distribution Law, Ontario Restaurant News, the IFA’s Franchising World and The Bottom Line.
Ned is also a noted lecturer, and has spoken on franchising and distribution matters at programs conducted by such organizations as the Canadian Franchise Association, the Canadian Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the International Franchise Association, the Schulich School of Business, the Ministry of Industry Trade and Technology, the University of Guelph, the University of Toronto, McGill University, the Retail Council of Canada, the International Union of Lawyers, Insight Seminars, the New York Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Canadian Institute.
He is often quoted in the media and has appeared on several television programs Including CTV’s W5, CBC’s Venture, CHCH TV’s Let’s Talk … Franchising, Channel 47’s Business Insight, and Report on Business TV.
- Member, Board of Directors of Parachute, a national charity dedicated to preventing Injuries and saving lives by helping Canadians to see and manage the risks In their lives.
- Active In the bereavement community since 1996, providing support, workshops and leadership to organizations such as Bereaved Families of Ontario and Bereaved Jewish Families of Ontario.
- Ranked as an “Eminent Practitioner” in Franchising – The Chambers Canada 2017 Guide
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers in the area of Franchise Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Franchise Law
- Appears in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of Franchise Law
- Named to the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for earning the highest level of professional skill and integrity in the Martindale- Hubbell Law Directory
- Canadian Franchise Association, Lifetime Achievement Award (2010)
- Franchise Times, Legal Eagles Top 100 Franchise Lawyers in North America
- Canadian Franchise Association, Special Recognition Award (1993 and 2007)
- Canadian Franchise Association, Franchise Support Services Recognition Award (2005)