I have been offering Consultancy services in Contracts administration, Project Management including Disputes Management since May, 2013 (after retirement) to various clients in Construction Industries. A retired Mechanical Engineer from a major PSU in Tamil Nadu and held a senior position at the time of retirement; have around forty years of experience in Engineering Industry including the last twenty years experience in Projects specialising Contract Administration, Claims Analysis and extending strategic support to the teams managing the projects in the resolution of disputes and analysis of claims. Fairly experienced in providing expert opinion in Contractual and Claims matters and participated in arbitral proceedings.
So far I have participated in ten Arbitration Proceedings, one as Sole Arbitrator and published Award, five as Consultant for which awards published and four as Consultant, ongoing.
- Analysis of Terms & Conditions of Contract including interpretation of Terms & Conditions.
- Offers expert opinion during Assessment of Terms & Conditions and Negotiation.
- Co ordinate during Contract drafting and entering in to Contract.
- Coordinate in the Preparation of Network Diagram, BAR & Control Charts.
- Co ordinate for Review & identification of contractual obligations of the parties to the contract; communicate & ensure fulfilment of the same by the parties concerned.
- Co ordinate for Review & identification of contractual requirements to be complied by Project Team; communicate & ensure compliance by the Project Team.
- Co ordinate for Identification & integration of various control measures with Project Plan to ensure better management of contractual issues and disputes.
Resolution and Prevention of contractual disputes:
- Co ordinate in Identification of potential contractual Issues and facilitate prompt resolution of them if it becomes a dispute.
- Co ordinate in resolution of disputes through Negotiation, Mediation or Arbitration.
- Facilitate analysis of data for Cost control, Delay quantification, EOT Entitlement and Claims.
- Act as defence of Client /Client Teams against any action arising out of Contractual/ Mandatory compliance angle.
- Co ordinate for smooth contracts close-out.
- Facilitate for an effective decision making process (in Project related issues) by providing critical inputs at appropriate time.