ARBITRATOR AND ADVISOR
During 37 years of service in Indian Railways and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), worked in different capacities as senior field incharge to Head of organisation /CEO specially of large and mega projects. Also worked as head of large railway division (more than 15000 employees) and head of a Zonal railway (more than 3500 route kms). Post retirement working as advisor to many mega construction companies and worked as Sole/Presiding Arbitrator in more than 15 cases.
IRSE (Indian Railway Services of Engineers) 1976 UPSC exam Batch INDIAN RAILWAYS
Worked: October 1977 – December 2014 (37 years and 4 month), (Major posts held in reverse chronological order)
Post Superannuation in Jan 2015 from Indian Railways:
- From May 2015 and May 2020 : Working as Sr Advisor to M/sTPL (Tata Project Limited) a Mega Infrastructure firm , specially on contract management and dispute resolution.
- From July 2016 and continuing:: working as Sr Advisor (Technical) to NCRTC , (a PSU owned by Central govt and participating state govts of UP, Haryana , Delhi and Rajasthan) involved in planning and execution of mega rail project connecting urban centres to Delhi through semi high speed trains .
- Worked as Advisor to M/s MB Power LTD(MP) (Hindustan Power Projects) in 2016
- worked as Advisor to M/s DFCCIL on specific assignment in 2017
- Associated with ‘Rail Analysis India ’ -an infrastructure interface organisation since 2017 and continuing.
- Empanelled as Advisor to international consultancy organisations like Alphasights, Thirdbridge etc and continuing to advice on specific requirement/projects.
Quality Control for ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
From 1999 onwards
Special interest in quality control having successfully achieved the certification of ISO 14001 and 18001 for 6 major stations of Delhi Metro in the year 1999 and thereafter working for quality control of Railway assets and infrastructure. Also achieved ISO Certification for DMRC for constructional procedures which proved to be the hallmark of quality in DMRC later.
- Apart from managing existing railway systems, I have a proven track record of excellence in end to end Project Management solutions. I have managed all types of construction contracts including turnkey contracts.
- I was a part of the original think-tank and top leadership team of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation under stewardship of legendary Dr. E. Sreedharan at a time when metro rail technology and knowhow was not available in the country. As first Chief Engineer (Planning & Design) of DMRC, I was responsible for and instrumental in planning both macro and micro aspects that eventually resulted in before time and within cost completion of Rs. 10500 Crore, 65 km long Phase One of Delhi Metro Project.This gave me insight of URBAN PLANNING as well as execution and interaction with different stake holders.
Contract and Arbitration Matters:-
- While working on the following posts, I have dealt with large number of very high value works contracts/ EPC Contracts for several mega projects. During this period, I dealt with large no of Arbitration cases in different capacities:-
- Sr Divisional Enginneer (Cordination ) /E Railway for 11 yrs
- chief Track Engineer/TM/E Rly ( 2yrs),
- Chief Engineer( planning &design)/DMRC (2and half yrs)
- Chief Bridge Engineer/ Northern Rly(2 yrs),
- Chief Administrative Officer (construction)/ ECRly(4 yrs),
- Principal Chief Engineer /Northern Railway (2 yrs) &
- General manager /ECRLY (2 YRS ),
- During the tenure as CE(P&D)/ DMRC/, I was specially assigned to deal with most of the high value composite, turn key & international contracts / arbitration matters.