Kruti has over 12 years of experience in advising Indian and international clients on corporate and employment laws. She specialises primarily in private equity investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. Besides this, Kruti advises on exchange control laws, labour laws, IPR, data privacy, winding up and restructuring matters.
Kruti joined ALMT Legal immediately on graduation from Government Law College, Mumbai in 2005, moved to Delhi and worked with another leading law firm for 2 years. In 2009, Kruti rejoined ALMT Legal as Senior Associate and very soon got promoted to Partner.
Kruti was seconded for 6 months in London with an English law firm where she worked on cross border corporate transactions.
Kruti’s main practice areas include:
- Advising on domestic as well as cross border M&A and PE transactions – providing structuring advice, preparing term sheets, conducting legal due diligence on the target company, negotiating, finalising definitive agreements, closing and post closing actions.
- Advising extensively on labour laws involving hiring and firing policies, employee handbooks and policies, sexual harassment complaints, regulatory compliances, payment of statutory benefits, retirement policies, etc.
- Advising on exchange control laws relating to inbound and outbound investments. Kruti has a special interest and knowledge in the current FDI policies and trends. Kruti has also attended meetings with the Indian government for making policy decisions.
- Advising on winding up & restructuring of Indian companies, closure of liaison offices set up by overseas companies and acting as a voluntary liquidator for various companies under liquidation.
- Kruti has advised extensively on the data privacy regulations under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- Advising on IPR matters including filing of trade marks applications, patent searches and copyright issues such as obtaining performance and other licenses from copyright societies.
- Advising on commercial laws and contracts.
- Asialaw Profiles 2018 recommends Kruti for Labour & Employment and IT Telco & Media (TMT) practice areas.
- Chambers & Partners (Asia Pacific) 2018 recommends Kruti as a recognized practitioner for Employment