G V S Jagannadha Rao is a fourth generation legal professional having more than 32 years of experience.
Began career in the law office of his father in 1988 at the District Courts at Srikakulam.
Handled trial and appellate work.
Has a flair for technical issues.
In 1995 he joined Ramoji Group as head of the centralised legal department. Acquired wide knowledge in varied branches of corporate laws, particularly media laws and IPR.
Being in media for more than a decade he has rich experience in print and electronic media and in entertainment.
Spearheaded the IPR related issues both in administration and in litigation.
Worked extensively in Trademarks for the group particularly Priya Division of Ushodaya Enterprises Limited the manufacturers of PRIYA brand food products; and in copyright laws for ETV channels and film production house Usha Kiron Movies and has several software companies among the client base.
- Practiced as Advocate in District Courts, Srikakulam
- Handled suits and appeals on Hindu Law, Contracts, Specific Relief, Rent Control, Tenancy, Transfer of Property etc.
- Appeared in courts in Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Guntur and Hyderabad.
- Relocated to Hyderabad in 1995 and joined Ramoji Group and Head of Legal Department.
- Associated with Ramoji Group as in-house counsel for about a decade.
- Responsible for formulating strategies in legal matters and management of Legal affairs.
- Drafting and vetting of all legal documents including Plaints, Written Statements and other pleadings, agreements, lease deeds, MOUs etc.
- Handled media related litigation, food processing related litigation and IPR matters of Ramoji Group
- Started a Law Office – GARIMELLAWS in 2005.
- Life Member of A P High Court Advocates’ Association and Telangana Court Advocates’ Association
- Life Member of the Bar Association City Civil Courts Hyderabad, Bar Association of Criminal Courts Hyderabad