- Capt. G. R. Rathee a Post Graduate in Civil Engineering having over 37 years of rich experience in Civil Engineering and specialized experience in the field of Design, construction & supervision and maintenance of major highways / Expressways and bridges.
- He has served in different capacities as Team Leader, Senior Resident Engineer, Resident Engineer, Project Director, Chief Project Manager and Project Coordinator for a period of more than 27 years. He has been involved in Feasibility study, DPR, Construction Supervision, Technical Audit, Quality Assurance Plan, Quality Assurance and Quality Management and Control, Project Management, Material Management and Contract Execution of major roads, highways and bridges. Has rich experience in operation and maintenance on several major highway projects
- His responsibilities on various projects include establishing supervision guidelines, coordinating and managing all the activities of the project; planning and monitoring the progress; value engineering; review/modifications in design and working drawings; laboratory works for flexible & rigid pavement (job mix formula); preparation of Quality Control and Quality Assurance Manual; day to day supervision of works, sampling and testing of materials and works including embankment, sub-grade, granular sub- base etc.; variation orders; on the job training and technology transfer to client staff in project management, construction supervision aspects and use of modern construction technology; road safety audits; Environmental Impact Assessment & management Plan; identifying construction delays and recommended to client the remedial measures to expedite the progress; geometric design, rigid and flexible pavement design & overlay design based on BBD test; checking contractor’s traffic management and safety plans; preparation of change of scope with technical justification and submit to client; monitoring quality of works and progress; issue of take over certificate to the contractor.
- He has in depth knowledge of International Standards & Specifications, codes of practice of Indian Standards, MoRT&H, IRC and BS Specifications.
- Countries of Work Experience: India, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Qatar and Jordan
- “Workshop on Construction Claims with particular reference to FIDIC form of contract” organized by the institution of Surveyors, India and Common Wealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy (Asia Region).
- “5th National Conference on Construction—The Way Ahead” organized by construction Industry development Council in association with planning Commission, Govt. India and E-in-C’s Branch Army HQ.
- “3rd National Convention and Exposition”.
- “International seminar on construction economics and Management with Particular reference to developing countries” organized by the institution of Surveyors, India and Common wealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy (Asia Region).
- Causes of Disputes, time and Cost overrun in Construction Project and Remedies” by the institution of Surveyors, India and Common wealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy(Asia Region).